Gym wear

Options
Hi girls, any recommendations for where you buy your fitness wear?

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I don't wear anything special to the gym. Sweats or shorts with a t-shirt.
  • kgj4105
    kgj4105 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just use the champion c9 line from target for the vast majority of workouts - I've got one cold weather outfit, and one indoor gym outfit for right now.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Giant Tiger has most of what I need. Yoga pants ($10), I sometimes cut them into shorts. Tank tops ($8). They don't carry bras my size, so I have to hunt for those whenever I'm out. The prices are lower than Wal-Mart and the items are higher quality.
  • keldex
    keldex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I either get my workout clothes from Target (their Champion C9 gear is so comfy and affordable!) or TJ Maxx/Marshalls.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I get my sports bra from REI or TjMaxx: I just like really firm support (even for my small breasts).
    I get my compression capris from Old Navy when they have a great sale ~$10/pr, and tank tops.
    My problem w/ the ON capris are that they often ride down. I don't like to squeeze muffin top so I buy 1 size larger so they tend to slide down during Zumba. They're fine when I'm weight lifting.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'd be curious too because no matter the brand, pants on my butt are always see through. :sweat:
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    My bottoms are ACX Sport, never a see-through moment, no matter how bendy I get. I'm mortified for strangers when I can see through their pants.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    My bottoms are ACX Sport, never a see-through moment, no matter how bendy I get. I'm mortified for strangers when I can see through their pants.

This has happened to me sadly. Ooops. Very embarrassing.

I get my pants at Victoria's Secret of all places. I have one pair that have survived about 2 years of the gym and about 25 Spartan Races. Those suckers are tough.

I would maybe shop at a TJ Maxx/Ross store and see what they have. Try them on and move and see how they feel. Do some air squats and bend over to make sure the pants won't be sheer and see how they feel when you move.

I've never worn them, but I have also heard REALLY good things about Old Navy and they have great sales.
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I got some great workout Capri leggings at Nordstrom Rack for $30. Brand Zella. They are high waisted so they stay up. My fave sports bra I got at TJ Maxx - brand New Balance.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    A mix of lulu/under armour/Nike. Plus comp shirts and some fun tanks from online. And my singlet.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I'd be curious too because no matter the brand, pants on my butt are always see through. :sweat:

Wear the right size.
  • windee52
    windee52 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Because of this thread, I realize I have a ridiculous amount of under armour
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    hekla90 wrote: »

Wear the right size.

they are the right size.

but, m'kay.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

I've come to the conclusion that all training bottoms are see through at the bottom of a squat. Right size or not.
  • MeghanMcDonagh2015
    MeghanMcDonagh2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses guys!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TJmaxx- do a squat test in the store- squat- and or bend over and touch your toes and look at your a&& and make sure it's not completely see through.
    Some are better than others.

Also- keep in mind if it's a PRINTED fabric - and the inside fabric is white- you may appear to be see through- it won't actually be- but it may just seriously look like it.
  • CindyFooWho
    CindyFooWho Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I find that Marshalls has a great selection. Finding workout tanks during winter has been a challenge. I don't get that; I wear tanks year-round to workout.
  • walkjem
    walkjem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that too. I buy most of my tanks at Kohl's and in January, they had just one style of tank - all the rest of the tops were short-sleeved. I buy most of my capris from Marshalls except for Kohl's Fila sport capris "live in motion." They are perfect for me! There is a side pocket for my iPod, and the waist is right above belly button. I buy a size smaller than normal for compression.

My favorite sports bra is from Victoria Secret. (Zip up with inner bra)
  • Holly_Wood_888
    Holly_Wood_888 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Whatever is on sale ! Sports Check, Joe Fresh (loblaws), Winners etc
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    What ever is on sale...either online through the adidas sale section or at Winners/Marshalls (TJMax stores here in Canada)...with a small amount of Costco. Don't want to buy too much as I want not to fit it in the near future.