You will weigh _____ in 5 weeks...

Options
Have you found this to be reliable with some sort of consistency or have you found yourself close to the predicted weight around the 5 week mark? Or do you not pay this any attention?

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to this, because they don't know my issues, and lack of ovaries.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Those numbers are all over the place. I can have identical food days that only vary in 8oz of water consumption and it give a 3lbs difference.

I don't pay any attention to it.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have done an analysis of this over the past year. Yes. I was curious. I find that it consistently places me 16 lbs above what I actually weigh at any point. So, I can look at it and then add that amount in and have it be fairly accurate.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,099 Member
    Options
    Only may possibly be accurate if every day is exactly the same. They are not. Personal experience is that it never matches up, largely due to the variations that are part of life.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    It is not at all reliable for me it's been telling me the same weight for months. I lose very slowly.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It's motivating but, as stated above, the numbers can be all over the place depending on daily calorie intake, exercise expenditure, and your personal rate of weight loss.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I find it too aggressive. I imagine this is because, though I weigh everything to the best of my ability and try to be conservative in my exercise logging, I'm off on calories. It is just an algorithm at the end of the day.
  • CFoust72591
    CFoust72591 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like to see good numbers with it, and it motivates me, but it's not like I ever remember the exact number it gives me, and check it. I kind of just take it as a "job well done" at the end of my day.
  • kimberlygrace2015
    kimberlygrace2015 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Aside from it making me feel good when I am under my calorie goal, I don't pay attention to it. It doesn't take into account that some weeks I eat more and exercise less or eat less and exercise more, etc. There's a lot of variables it doesn't (and cant') take into account. So no, I wouldn't say it's reliable. That's why it says "IF everyday were like today." No two days are really alike. Take it with a grain (or two) of salt.
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I tried to make note of it then 5 weeks i tried to be fairly constant, not eating more than 200 calories more or less than my starting day. In the end i only lost 2lbs by the 5th week instead of the 8 it predicted
  • Orione2
    Orione2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Its cobblers. If I took notice of it I'd have disappeared by now!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    About as useful as roller skates on a mountain climber.
  • jodidari
    jodidari Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Orione2 wrote: »
    Its cobblers. If I took notice of it I'd have disappeared by now!

We should tell them to do average of weeks to predict weight instead

• Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see but no two days are ever going to be the same. So I just take it with a pinch of salt.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I find it amusing to occasionally go back 5 weeks and see what the software was telling me. I'm easily amused.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Nope. Initially my weight loss was faster than predicted but as I got close to goal weight it's really overestimated. I "should" still be losing but I haven't.
  • witcherkar
    witcherkar Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am going to experiment with this. I am going to write the number down every day. See what the difference is. Then at the end of 5 weeks, see how far off it was.
  • reevess113
    reevess113 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I find it motivates me to do better but I don't think it is accurate. It's all based on how much over/under you are on calorie goal.