I'm 5'5 what should be my goal?

Options
When I first started my journey I was 220lbs now I'm 155-160lbs. I feel much healthier now but I still want to slim down a bit more I've hit a platue, I was working out for the first few months and when it got cold I started to eat more and work out way less thankfully didn't really gain weight just fluctuated anyway, I kinda need that push. Any suggestions?

Replies

• laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. You've reach my goal weigh. I've been maintaining at 170-175 for two years now and I really want to get down to 155 ish, but my motivation is lacking!

You didn't' mention what you did for work outs. Maybe you should focus more on body composition and not weight. Just a though!

Again Congrats!!!
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4 1/2" and weigh 162. I have been stuck here for a long time. Maybe we can help motivate each other? Great job on your loss!
  • dollydiva2
    dollydiva2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 140 or just below...I started at 170 and I've just hit 150 so I'm in a healthy BMI at last.

I'll have to do this in stones but I think the general healthy weight range for my height is 7st 13 to 10st 10 (but that's only going by BMI calculators), I would feel far too skinny at 7st 13 though (I was that size once and everyone used to ask me if I was eating properly!!)
  • RebeccaNaegle
    RebeccaNaegle Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 4" and I weigh 119lbs. I eat around 1200 calories a day and lift weights 5x a week.
    My goal is another 5-10lbs to get my abs to really pop. Hope that helps!
  • amberleigh000
    amberleigh000 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and I'm at 145 I want to get to 125 to 130.
  • Elsie_LV
    Elsie_LV Posts: 33 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Shorties! <3 I'm 5'5 and i want to get to 120 MINIMUM but i think once i'm at the 130's i'll be where i want to be to stay healthy. :) Add me if you need any motivations!
  • spicegal
    spicegal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I'm in same group! I'm 5'4" 150ish & my goal is 130-135. Please add me as friend too. I need all the motivation I can get. I started recording MFP for 1 week & am already seeing/feeling results. I'm very motivated.
  • AlexandraSpasic
    AlexandraSpasic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh yes to lose the weight I did 10 Miles on a stationary bike every weekday and sometimes went for a walk I also did the basics of Squats, crunches, pushup and ect. Maybe the 10 Miles a day was extreme idk it felt nice to break a sweat.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5", and currently 166lb. Highest weight 173, goal to be around 135-140 lb but remember you have to factor in your frame size, too. I'd like to be a size 5 (US sizing). I have a large frame though, so we'll see if I'll be able to be 135-140. The smallest I've ever been was 150lb when I was discharged from the military.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and maintaining in the 120s. I think it is a great place to be. I don't think I'd want to be under 120 or above 140 again.

When I was around 150lbs, I was finally light enough that I could get into good cardiovascular shape and I never really plateaued because I started working out doing a lot of heavy cardio (rowing and running) 35-50 minutes a day. This is the best shape I have ever been in in my life and look fantastic.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My goal was 130 but I've been hovering around 135 for 2 years. I don't think I can realistically go lower because I can't imagine eating less than what I've been eating at this point (or exercise more either, I'm already at close to 90 minutes a day).

ETA: I have a medium/large frame.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Around 120 is where I liked my body best. I have a small frame though. :)
  • epeart11
    epeart11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You do not need to lose much more. I think that it all depends on how much muscle you have.
  • coalz
    coalz Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Plateaus eh? Time for you to spice up your exercise routine. Interval training is apparently the best way to drop lbs fast. See if your gym offers a HIIT class or you can probably find it on you tube. Zumba also burns tons of calories plus you learn some new dance moves. Come Memorial Day get yourself a cute suit & start swimming. Swimming works every muscle in your body! Kick boxing is amazing & your butt will never look better. You wouldn't think it but, Ashtanga Yoga is actually a serious cardio work out & I love it!
    Way to go on losing so much already! Now that you have the strength & energy you can start incorporating exercise into your social life! Instead of meeting for lunch at the restraurant, pack a picnic & go for a hike! See if someone wants to learn to play tennis with you or pickle ball (which is waaay easier to learn than tennis FYI). My friends & I play fringe golf in the park & just make up our own course. Anyone who wants to add me as a friend please do! I love giving & receiving encouragement. Gotta go- my hiking buddy just got here. Good luck!
  • opalquartz
    opalquartz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm also 5'5" and had a similar highest weight. I'm 18 lbs down so far with an ultimate goal of 143.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently 165. My goal is 145 or so for now. I will reassess once I get to that. Feel free to add me (anyone with similar goals).
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and around 165 as well (163 just before My Easter break and 165 just after it). I started at 185 back in October. My first goal is 155, my ultimate goal maybe 145. Please feel free to add me :smile:
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    To OP: I've been reasonably consistent with my weight loss since I started last October. I am not sure I really have any tricks to share, it has all been about accuracy and consistency for me. I found the number I of calories I should eat to lose 1lb per week (and since I got lighter roughly 1lb every 10days), I counted my calories as meticulously as I could, and it worked.

I don't currently do any exercise other than walking, but I do about or close to 10,000 steps a day. I wear a Fitbit to count my steps.

The biggest pitfall I have seen while reading these forums is that people set their calories too low, making them hungry all the time and more likely to overeat. Slow and steady definitely works better for me.
  • twynings
    twynings Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just walk to do expertise from three to Morden miles if I can each day the beauty of it you enjoy and see more of the world and takes your mind of eating lol but you got to have PMA first or all else fails and the hated saying it's not a diet it's a way of life. Not a diet. You feel good and health follows . Do a Mary Poppins for every job that must be done . Find the fun the jobs a game. Treat the diet as the fun then it's a game ☺
  • britanyb64
    britanyb64 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5 and weigh 130- 6 months ago I was 200! I wasn't using MFP though.

I want to get down these last ten or so pounds then I will be at my goal weight finally. I've been chubby for too many years now.

Feel free to add me! I'm awful at exercising so need some serious motivation :)

Good luck to everyone on their journeys!