help mee!!~!

Options
I watched a friend of my eat a deli sandwich today that consisted of roast beef, American cheese, mustard, veggies all smothered on a wonderful dutch crunch roll (the key to my heart, for sure). :heart:

I am super duper craving one right now but don't know if I should even bother. I have about 1,100 calories left for the day and would definitely hit the gym up after wards.

Should I ignore it and just do my dinner as planned? I don't know.. :frown:

Also, what do you think one of those babies (from Safeway's deli) would cost as far as calories?

Replies

• plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I watched a friend of my eat a deli sandwich today that consisted of roast beef, American cheese, mustard, veggies all smothered on a wonderful dutch crunch roll (the key to my heart, for sure). :heart:

I am super duper craving one right now but don't know if I should even bother. I have about 1,100 calories left for the day and would definitely hit the gym up after wards.

Should I ignore it and just do my dinner as planned? I don't know.. :frown:

Also, what do you think one of those babies (from Safeway's deli) would cost as far as calories?
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    why dont you make your own healthy version of it ?

a wholewheat bun. lean meat, good cheese, mustard and veggies..

there ya go !! have a side salads,, or carrots...
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I say, if you have the calories to work with, and you REALLY want it, make it your splurge :smile: Those days when you allow yourself something off track while still staying in your calorie range can actually help you by giving yourself what you want. To find the calories, I would try dividing up the ingredients and looking it up that way. Enjoy! :smile:
  • plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    why dont you make your own healthy version of it ?

a wholewheat bun. lean meat, good cheese, mustard and veggies..

there ya go !! have a side salads,, or carrots...

I would but I do that all the other times. I practically live at Subway now for lunch, but there is no comparison to a big ol' deli sandwich. Also, the reason for my craving is because it's the kind of sandwich I would normally get like 2-3 times a month on weekends.

And that dutch crunch roll.. oh man.. don't get me started on that!
  • Power
    Power Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I say it depends on how you are... be honest with yourself. Can you splurge this one meal and be ok tomorrow?

I find that when I fall off the wagon, I don't just fall. I jump off, flip it over and light it on fire... usually I don't get a new wagon for months. :wink:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    I say it depends on how you are... be honest with yourself. Can you splurge this one meal and be ok tomorrow?

I find that when I fall off the wagon, I don't just fall. I jump off, flip it over and light it on fire... usually I don't get a new wagon for months. :wink:

HAHAHAHA, power you just absolutely described my bad bad relationship with my wagon. Nice wording, made me laugh :smile:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

thanks for that honesty and it made me smile

good answer...know yourself...can you hang with that one jump? it is hard
    good luck
  • msvallon
    msvallon Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Man, you put that nicely! I agree!!!
  • furrflys
    Options

OMG I laughed so hard I think I burned 20 calories!!:laugh:
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Best...quote...ever! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Oh boy, I can relate! Since I'm on the wagon at the moment, that's funny!:bigsmile:
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    I have no room to talk...other than to encourage you to do that which will help you as an individual.

I really dieted well today...until now. I ate something that's healthier than other options; but, I'm going to the gym right now to get my mind wrapped around options that I could have exercised...like eating only half today :blushing:

Thanks for reaching out to the crew...I should of earlier. Next time I will! (just being transparent with y'all)
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    what about getting it without cheese? Or getting it and wrapping 1/2 of it up and eating the other half with a salad?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options

I love this and have to say I resemble that remark! LOL! :bigsmile:
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary