Buddys that want to diet hardcore and will keep you on track

Options
Im dieting in a way ive never dieted before im eating nothing but healthy foods and not eating that much and trying to excersize more often i still have a long way to go i weigh 344 and my goal is 200 im 6'2 and if anyone wants to add me pleas do i will be very motivational... starting now!

Replies

• stephanie20314
    stephanie20314 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by dieting hardcore?
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Lol like not eating fast food and trying to eat vegies not drinking soda and eating less and drinking alot of water and never going over your calories for the day nothing to hardcore i guess but for me it is
  • stephanie20314
    Options
    That sounds like a bunch of huge changes for you all at once. And on your other post you said you want to only eat 1300 calories? You are setting yourself up for failure. Eat what mfp tells you to, pick one or two small things to change like cutting out soda and fries, and try to do 20 minutes of something every day. Walking, biking, yoga, etc. Make more changes when you've made progress.
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a bunch of huge changes for you all at once. And on your other post you said you want to only eat 1300 calories? You are setting yourself up for failure. Eat what mfp tells you to, pick one or two small things to change like cutting out soda and fries, and try to do 20 minutes of something every day. Walking, biking, yoga, etc. Make more changes when you've made progress.

^^^this^^^

Seriously though - if you go way under on calories - you will probably do it fine for a few days then binge. Remember that it took a long time to get in your (my) current shape and getting back into "goal" shape will also take time. Just making the adjustment away from dining out and eating better will probably move the needle on the scale all by itself.

Add me if you want - I log daily and I am very active.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Lol no its ok i went up to 1700 gurl but i kno what your saying it can be hard when your starting lol but whats the point of taking a test if you dont want a perfect score you kno? Or running a race if u dont want first place ive dieted before counging calories and stuff and i noticed or i feel like the resons it never worked is because i was eating unhealthy counting calories you kno so i decided this time im going to lose the weight im not just gonna pass the test or finish the race last im gonna try to get that perfect score and be the first to cross the finish line lol medaphorically ofcourse
  • stephanie20314
    Options
    Your metaphors don't make any sense. And why are you setting arbitrary numbers for yourself? Mfp tells you how many calories to eat. It's basic math, if you count calories properly, you will lose weight. Lose the swagger, make a few small changes, read the guide to proper logging, and get moving.
  • Gioeyebrow
    edited March 2016
    Options
    i wanna start being healthy i put my numbers down so i would think about what i eat more and not eat so unhealthy u kno to actually look into my food and not just eat it that way right now i probably eat about 5 meals a day wich is a lot and im talking big plates not like little skimpy meals and im trying to make sure i eat proteins and fibers making sure my body isnt losing muscle and stuff doing that to be honest makes 1700 seem like alot and also its kinda fun preparing your meals also your kinda right about my metaphors but you get my point no? Its like i dont just want to count calories and lose weight i wanna also be healthy its ok if you dont agree but i kinda feel proud of myself you kno? Srry if im being a little snapy
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    Also if you look back on my lowerd calories post you can see i got great help people here are very nice
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    At 300+lbs you reducing your calories so low doesn't make much sense. I think what everyone has been trying to tell you is that your approach may be extreme. I'll say from experience as many others will probably say, and sounds like you know from your experience if you go to hard then you are more likely not to sustain. take it easy and have patience. Do this the right way to have results that will last a lifetime.
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm here for ya.. I started around the first week of February.. Actually Fat Tuesday (February 9) at 238 lbs my goal is to be at 165-175.. I am currently 208.. I eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day.. cutting out the sodas was the hardest thing and refined breads... If you want help I'm here.. it is doable but I would focus at least three weeks on the diet before I step foot in a Gym. Or start to exercise.. the diet will work the numbers will work.. you will lose massive amounts of weight at first then it will slow or even go up... trust the program ... the best think I can tell you is drink at least a gallon of water a day... stay away from artificial sweeteners and diet sodas.. The first 4-10 days are the hardest.. I kept watching re-runs of Extreme weight loss, Fit2fat2fit, my 600lb life, and biggest loser for motivation....
  • Gioeyebrow
    Options
    I'm here for ya.. I started around the first week of February.. Actually Fat Tuesday (February 9) at 238 lbs my goal is to be at 165-175.. I am currently 208.. I eat between 1200 and 1500 calories a day.. cutting out the sodas was the hardest thing and refined breads... If you want help I'm here.. it is doable but I would focus at least three weeks on the diet before I step foot in a Gym. Or start to exercise.. the diet will work the numbers will work.. you will lose massive amounts of weight at first then it will slow or even go up... trust the program ... the best think I can tell you is drink at least a gallon of water a day... stay away from artificial sweeteners and diet sodas.. The first 4-10 days are the hardest.. I kept watching re-runs of Extreme weight loss, Fit2fat2fit, my 600lb life, and biggest loser for motivation....

I agree about the gym i hate being 1 of the 3 hevyer people at the gym when everyone els is like nothing but muscle lol im trying to do that too and ive heard about the show it sounds cool imma look it up