I've been trying this for almost three weeks

yetmaster
yetmaster Posts: 1 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
I'd like to Believe it's helping, but not enough.... what else can motivate me? p.s. my weight loss is NOT accurate, I put a guess in before I bought a scale, I think it's pretty close to accurate but not really.

Replies

• Hey there,

First off you have to measure...I mean REALLY measure. Not only your weight, but your arms, your waist, your neck, thighs, and hips. You'll start to see some movement in those numbers if you stick with it.

And remember that fat doesn't weigh as much as muscle...so you can shrink on all those size numbers and have your weight stay the same because you're increasing muscle proportionally.

It really is all about the tracking. Track or you will fail.

Stay with it!
  • Thanks!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Also, this is not a 'lose weight fast' fix. You are making life long changes a little at a time. You need to be patient. It works.
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    A WHOLE 3 WEEKS?!?!?!11

patience patience patience
    you didn't put on all that weight overnight, it's not gonna come off overnight either
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    I think of it this way: I didn't gain this weight overnight. I'm not going to lose it overnight either. You can't expect to wish the weigh away. You can't go to sleep one night and expect to wake up the next morning with a perfect and ideal body. This is not a race with a finish line and you cannot expect sudden results. You have to create new and healthy habits to replace the old one. It's as much a mental battle as it is physical. It took me years to get to the weight I am now so I am expecting it to take me years to take it back off.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Consider doing some meditation work. Personally I prefer the Paraliminal series by Paul Scheele, specifically the Ideal Weight program. Dr. Emmet Miller has a good guide meditations, too.

Reprogram your self-image and the rest becomes easier. Good luck!
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    It took me a month before I really started to lose some weight. Now i've almost lost 10 lbs but I've lost 2 inches off my hips, waist and both thighs.

As was stated earlier you have to measure. It will all work out in good time be patient. :) We are all here for you to help keep you going.
This discussion has been closed.