Some people refer to their body as a temple..mine is a bouncy castle

Options
jrbenji
jrbenji Posts: 80 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! While I'm not unfamiliar with MFP, I've not been a diligent participant in all things MFP related in the past and never finished what I barely started.

This past summer, I had a complete hysterectomy and was put on hormones. You know those little guides they attach with your prescription that you often dispose of with little regard? Turns out, that little guide said that a side effect is weight gain. I'm sure it has nothing at all to do with the fact that I love food so much. I am always working on my fitness...fitness whole donut in my mouth.

So here I sit in the beginning stages of realization and wondering to my self, "Self, WTH did you do??? You need to sort this out!"

I would love to find people to laugh with and commiserate with in this really long journey. 110 of excess pounds seems so daunting to get rid of....

I didn't mean to gain weight - it happened by snaccident. ;)

Replies

• mettaturner
    mettaturner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your title really cracked me up!!!! That was hilarious!!
  • jrbenji
    Options
    The struggle is real!
  • OllieRose126
    OllieRose126 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    LOL thank you for the laugh! I also have around 100lbs to lose, it's just a tad daunting. :s
  • jrbenji
    Options
    Girl, I swear - If I think about having to lose the whole 110 pounds, I almost want to just say Fagetaboutit and just go eat an apple fritter or three! Smaller goals divided up seems less discouraging.
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    jrbenji wrote: »
    Hi! While I'm not unfamiliar with MFP, I've not been a diligent participant in all things MFP related in the past and never finished what I barely started.

This past summer, I had a complete hysterectomy and was put on hormones. You know those little guides they attach with your prescription that you often dispose of with little regard? Turns out, that little guide said that a side effect is weight gain. I'm sure it has nothing at all to do with the fact that I love food so much. I am always working on my fitness...fitness whole donut in my mouth.

So here I sit in the beginning stages of realization and wondering to my self, "Self, WTH did you do??? You need to sort this out!"

I would love to find people to laugh with and commiserate with in this really long journey. 110 of excess pounds seems so daunting to get rid of....

I didn't mean to gain weight - it happened by snaccident. ;)

Ahaha, I love that word, so cute!!

You'll do this, especially with that great attitude! I had a very similar chat with myself when I began last June, now I'm just about done with the weight-loss portion and ready to maintain. Along the way, I've made friends who were on a similar path, and some who were on the maintenance path, and have been so encouraged by them all. Sending a FR! :)

• jrbenji
    Options
    TY for the FR! I'm excited to see the success of others because it inspires me and gives me hope! Now, if someone could just hand me an easy button to get rid of this weight, that would be super! I guess if it were easy though, everyone would be doing it.
  • Bryo4
    Bryo4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    jrbenji wrote: »
    I am always working on my fitness...fitness whole donut in my mouth.

Snort!
  • jbelles0820
    jbelles0820 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar place, lots of weight to lose, I have been a member of MFP for years, but not diligent (I really just like to look at the success stories and dream...), but I turned 50 last year, and really need to get serious, so I am sending a FR in the hopes that you can help me laugh my way through the serious business of losing weight. I love your attitude, and am hoping it will help me get motivated!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    lol. I had close to 90lbs to lose and I'm down to the last 45 or so. Been struggling since I keep needing to "take breaks" from food logging. It just gets tedious. Usually when I do I'll gain back like 10lbs and then make myself do it again. Been trying to lose the 2nd half of my weight for nearly a year and half without much success...I think I'm ok with being somewhat fat deep down.

Anyway, I'll probably be on here forever so feel free to send me a friend request.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My grandma always said all was lost if you lose your sense of humor. According to her you will have success!! Welcome to MFP. I hope you love it like I do.
  • Elsie_LV
    Elsie_LV Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Add me! i love people with a sense of humor. We can laugh away the weight! haha
  • timbphoto
    timbphoto Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The day after thanksgiving I weighed 244. The next day I swore that was to much for me, started cutting my food portion in half. I lost about 5 lbs in 2 weeks. Now living with two RD's they have been on my case to drop 20 lbs. My daughter bless her heart said Dad why dont you watch your macros. I agreed. I am on a 2135 calorie daily. I actually' I am not that hungry. Now combined with exercise, 5-6 days a week has become like brushing your teeth, you just do it. I am now 213 and my goal is 200. It is a struggle, since I have a sweet tooth. Not any more.
  • missbossypants
    missbossypants Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love your sense of humour, you're speaking my language!!! Add me! I'm aiming for several smaller goals - more celebrations and it doesn't sound so daunting! My first goal is ONEderland, then on to 180lbs. We'll see where we go from there... :)
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I am always working on my fitness...fitness whole donut in my mouth.

Ha, I hope you achieve your fitness goals
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    lol. honestly don't sweat it. one pound at a time. it will take a while, not a lie, but hey, if you go to the success forum you will see people succeeding all the time with that much weight to lose and more! just set your weight loss rate as you see best fit for you and i wish you the best !
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    You're cracking me up! Feel free to add me. I have hormonal issues too, went through menopause at the age of 26 (Premature Ovarian Failure). Currently not on hormones because they make me feel awful, but I understand the struggle.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OMG LOL !!!!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Mine is a haunted house. I had the hysterectomy experience too. The change in hormones made me temporarily crazy.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I started out with 121 to lose and I'm down to 69 pounds to go. I was like you and thought 121 sounded soooooooo intimidating. but I broke it down into fourths and those were my goals within the goal. it made a lot more manageable and easy on the mind lol
  • ArcticSero
    ArcticSero Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lmao! Wow you have a great personality. I only have 30 pounds to lose (despite people telling me that I should go down further than my goal and tbh it's not as big as your goal but I am sure you can do it!). I wouldn't mind being your friend as well.