Bye bye protein shake, hello smoothie!

Options
crsportsman1
crsportsman1 Posts: 22 Member
Hello, so I weight train. And for the longest time, I did the typical 1 scoop of protein & water blend after training. After a long time I started to dread it! It got bland & nasty after a while (I did vanilla & chocolate & cookies n cream before). So I came up with a simple combo to make it delicious, but also fun!

My strawberry smoothie:
1 scoop of gold standard whey strawberry
3 large frozen strawberries
1 cup of 2% low fat milk
Ice, but it depends.
The regular amount I'd use is a hand full. But the more ice you use, the thicker. So that's when I want some ice cream! It's literally the same thing. I also did no ice, and blended the combo just enough to where there was chunks of strawberry still visable & I combined that with x2 the protein vanilla Greek yogurt!! It's amazing. Thought I'd share!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I am over protein powder in water/ice as well. I use two cups of almond milk for 60 calories, pumpkin, snicker doodle protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, and some walden farms syrups and ice. I also add a pinch of xanthan gum. Sometimes about 60g of 0% greek yogurt. Between the gum, pumpkin, and almond milk--I get a pretty thick shake for 200 calories.
  • crsportsman1
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I am over protein powder in water/ice as well. I use two cups of almond milk for 60 calories, pumpkin, snicker doodle protein powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, pumpkin pie spice, and some walden farms syrups and ice. I also add a pinch of xanthan gum. Sometimes about 60g of 0% greek yogurt. Between the gum, pumpkin, and almond milk--I get a pretty thick shake for 200 calories.

That sounds pretty yummy!
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

That sounds pretty yummy!

Yours does too actually.
  • crsportsman1
    Options
    Literally, the vanilla & water combo after awhile forced me to hold my nose while I chug.
  • arditarose
    Options
    I used to do just water when I was cutting because I didn't want the extra calories. It was fine but I'd much rather just keep it semi-low calorie and enjoy it. Honestly I have no business drinking them anyway because I'm getting over 1g of protein per pound of body weight and it's really unnecessary lol.
  • crsportsman1
    Options
    Haaha yeah I'm "bulking" I sopose lol but to an extent, because I don't want to gain unwanted fat in unwanted places lol so far I been going good with progress, I'm experimenting you could say lol I think I'm honestly slimming my waist but gaining muscle so I have maintained my body weight for a little bit, but deff see changes ! :/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I put ricotta in mine to thicken them without the sour taste of Greek yogurt.
  • caseypcarlin
    caseypcarlin Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Almond milk makes such a huge difference. My go-to is vanilla protein powder, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp pb2, 8oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk and 1/2 serving of whatever greens are in my fridge/freezer currently.
  • one1fast68
    one1fast68 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks - subd to save
  • MissConsistency
    MissConsistency Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dirty Chai Tea, mixed with vanilla. No complaints here.
  • sweetpea965
    sweetpea965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try a scoop of Tang, Orange or Fruit punch flavorings the vanilla with ice
  • dragonqueenleader
    dragonqueenleader Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I freeze my bananas and put half in with protien powder and Frozen strawberrys yummmm
    And I don't waste bananas anymore they freeze well for smoothies
    Even better as a late night snack
    Half frozen banana with paddle pop stick in it yumm