What I do when I just want to EAT EAT EAT.

Options
I don't work and being a Mother/Marine wife gets ruff sometimes but what I do is Read, take on an outdoor hobby ,walking, spending time with my kids , clean the house and if I just so happen to eat it may be an apple but......please if you guys no anymore ways feel free to let me no. :wink:

Replies

• ceva02
    ceva02 Posts: 17
    Options
    I tend to drink water and if that fails get on MFP and look at success stories for inspiration.
  • Tiffany25nik
    Options
    thx good ideal...:wink:
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    My new thing is getting my brain active and thinking!

In addition to reading I love sudoku books. Some kind of puzzle seems to distract me from thinking about eating extra. Games or word problems involving lots of thinking/brainwork always does it for me.

If my brain is dead I tend to listen to music, take a shower, do something nice for myself that does not involve food. Buying a new lotion or scrub is always a treat. Taking yourself away from food or the temptation to eat more always does it for me.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    choose munchies that take FOREVER to eat. Celery, apples, carrots, raw nuts (not the sugar coated kind!), dried fruit for a sugar fix. It triggers the brain that yes you are eating to also help trigger your stomach to decide if its actually hungry or not and eating foods that increase your chewing cut down on your ability to eat large amounts of cals in a short period of time.
  • Tiffany25nik
    Options
    Humm Puzzles ...never thought of that.That is def a brain thinker that would take you mind off eating extras. Great ideal. :smile: :smile:
  • Tiffany25nik
    Options
    Yes vegs are great to eat/snack on thanks :smile:
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    My new thing is getting my brain active and thinking!

In addition to reading I love sudoku books. Some kind of puzzle seems to distract me from thinking about eating extra. Games or word problems involving lots of thinking/brainwork always does it for me.

If my brain is dead I tend to listen to music, take a shower, do something nice for myself that does not involve food. Buying a new lotion or scrub is always a treat. Taking yourself away from food or the temptation to eat more always does it for me.

Sudoku more addicting then meth!