today marks my 20th day here and I have no friends yet.

Options
kmancine
kmancine Posts: 25 Member
I been diligent about logging my food, my exercise. trying to carry my phone with me were ever I go as it counts my steps. I need friends to help me on my journal of weight loss and getting my lungs back in shape. No, I am not a smoker but I do have Asthma.

I have three kids and we want to take a family vacation this summer. I want to be able to keep up with them during the sightseeing part of the trip. I get out of breath easy. I sit at a computer all day (fortunately at home) as that is where I work.

I need exercises I can do at my desk when I can't make it to the gym.

Friend me and join with me on my journey. :)

Replies

• kennie2016
    kennie2016 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is my 7th day maybe we can be friends. I have been ill for the last 4, got sick from the grandson. I am at work now maybe we can text later, I get off at 3:30. Last year and one month ago I weighed 246 lbs today I weigh 195 and these last 25 are the hardest. I changed my entire life and will do it again if it means I feel good about myself again. It is long hard work, keep it up
  • kmancine
    Options
    I would like that. I have several small goals, when I reach those there will be a new goal. I am afraid I will get discouraged if I put the big goal out there. Right now mostly I go to the gym alone, except for weekends when I go with a friend to her gym. Congrats to you on your weightloss.
  • lfod308
    lfod308 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good morning Kmancine. I sent you a friend request. I'd be happy to be your friend as you seek to improve your health! Keep seeking a good group of upbeat friends here and you can get strength from their energy. I'm losing weight and feel great because of all the support I get here. Good luck!
  • jrbenji
    jrbenji Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Several small goals is about the only way I can look at this and not just throw in the towel and go eat an apple fritter right now! Kudos to you for beginning your journey!
  • AddisonChanthalangsy
    AddisonChanthalangsy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey! You can sure add me and we shall help support each other's journey!
  • kmancine
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I do get out and go to the gym. I do cardio and strength training and I am trying to do water aerobics when I have the time. I find that sitting at my desk all day is boring. I know there are things I could be doing while I work to tighten my abs or just to keep moving. I just don't know what they are. I am on a journey to find out.
  • megan7190
    megan7190 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I could use some support and motivation from MFP friends too, feel free to add me :)
  • kmancine
    Options
    lfod308 wrote: »
    Good morning Kmancine. I sent you a friend request. I'd be happy to be your friend as you seek to improve your health! Keep seeking a good group of upbeat friends here and you can get strength from their energy. I'm losing weight and feel great because of all the support I get here. Good luck!

and I accepted that friend request, thanks. Good for you on the weight loss, I have lost 8 lbs so far with many more to go.
  • LilDsMom2
    LilDsMom2 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi Kmancine, I'm glad you decided to join MFP. You are taking a proactive role in your long term health and happiness. Good luck on your journey! I don't know any exercises that you can do at your desk, but I googled and got the following links:

time.com/4019563/exercise-work-desk/
    greatist.com/fitness/deskercise-33-ways-exercise-work
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    kmancine wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. I do get out and go to the gym. I do cardio and strength training and I am trying to do water aerobics when I have the time. I find that sitting at my desk all day is boring. I know there are things I could be doing while I work to tighten my abs or just to keep moving. I just don't know what they are. I am on a journey to find out.

Any movement will help I imagine, you could clench and release your abs, pelvic floor and bum cheeks while sitting, bounce your feet toe to heel. I am sure every little bit helps. I just started an accountability group for those with a highest weight near or above 300lb, You are welcome to join us if you fit that range. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112934-over-300lb-daily-accountability-group
  • LilDsMom2
    LilDsMom2 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Oh and you can add me if you want.
  • wisenbsd
    wisenbsd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    add me
  • smurphsjourney
    smurphsjourney Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i would be honored to be a supporter! :)
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    lol I went 3 months without adding anyone -partly due to because I didn't realize until much later that this process is lifelong and not just few months.
  • Elsie_LV
    Elsie_LV Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    add me! i like having fun and spreading motivation :)
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'll add you as a friend. The more support the better!
  • kmancine
    Options
    LilDsMom2 wrote: »
    Hi Kmancine, I'm glad you decided to join MFP. You are taking a proactive role in your long term health and happiness. Good luck on your journey! I don't know any exercises that you can do at your desk, but I googled and got the following links:

time.com/4019563/exercise-work-desk/
    greatist.com/fitness/deskercise-33-ways-exercise-work

Thanks, I will check them out.