easy healthy recipes

Options
mcsuzie7
mcsuzie7 Posts: 2 Member
Does anyone have any easy, interesting low calorie recipes? I want some more variety in my meals

Replies

• shezzz21
    shezzz21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    One Day Meal Plans

Breakfast
    Defrost frozen mixed tropical fruit and mix in 30g Nestle Honey Nut Shredded Wheat and a sliced banana. Serve with fat free natural yoghurt.

Lunch
    Mix a can of mixed bean salad with cooked green beans and lots of halved cherry tomatoes. Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and some torn basil. Serve with some sliced cooked turkey. Have some sliced fresh pineapple for afters.

Dinner
    Place salmon fillets on squares of foil. Top with thinly sliced red pepper and red onion and drizzle liberally with soy sauce and a squeeze of lime juice. Wrap tightly and place on a baking tray. Cook in a preheated oven at 190/Gas 5 for 20-25 mins. Serve with cooked egg noodles.

Breakfast
    Heat 2 cans of chopped tomatoes in a saucepan and reduce over a medium heat for 10 mins. Add a crushed garlic clove, chopped jalepeno pepper and seasoning. Pour onto a large ovenproof dish and make 3-4 small wells in the sauce to break the eggs into. Bake in a preheated oven at 190/Gas 5 until the eggs are set.

Lunch
    Cook lean gammon, chopped onions, canned green lentils and diced carrots in stock until the gammon and lentils are tender. Serve with a 60g wholemeal bread roll. Follow with apples and pears for pud.

Dinner
    Saute finely chopped onions in low calorie cooking spray for 4-5 mins. Add garlic, peppers and carrots and continue to saute for a few minutes. Add paella rice, a bay leaf and a pinch of saffron threads. Stir in chicken stock bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered over a gentle heat for 15 mins. Add raw tiger prawns, live mussels, cooked shredded chicken and fresh or frozen peas. Cover tightly and turn the heat to low. Allow to cook for a further 12-15 mins until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, covered for 10 mins. Stir in chopped parsley and garnish with lemon wedges. Finish with summer fruits layered with fat free natural yoghurt.
  • shezzz21
    shezzz21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Chicken Nuggets

Low calorie cooking spray
    60g wholemeal roll, torn into pieces
    1 tsp mustard powder
    2 tsp dried mixed herbs
    2 eggs
    4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
    Method

Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6, then line a baking sheet with non-stick baking parchment and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
    Whizz the torn roll in a food processor until you have fine crumbs, then transfer to a shallow bowl. Add the mustard powder and dried herbs and mix well.
    Lightly beat the eggs in another shallow bowl.
    Dip the chicken pieces in the egg then roll them in the breadcrumbs to coat each piece evenly. Arrange the pieces on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
    Serve hot with healthy chips and baked beans.
  • mcsuzie7
    mcsuzie7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mm they sound tasty, thank you :)
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I saw this on FB the other day and it's a versatile recipe: ZUCCHINI BOATS! Look up some ideas. Very tasty and you can get pretty creative :)
  • Tweaking_Time
    Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Shezzz had some really good ideas - but I want to tweak the salmon recipe.

Do not wrap and bake the salmon - but rather:

Place (uncovered) salmon directly on cookie sheet (or foil wrapped cookie sheet if you want easy clean-up) 4 to 5 inches from top of oven. Broil for about 10 or 12 minutes (depending on the oven). This will make salmon just as amazing as any fine restaurant salmon you have ever had and I doubt you will make salmon any other way after you have broiled it.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I make this recipe a lot: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/light-linguine-carbonara Except I use 4 pieces of bacon, and 2% evaporated milk. The key to making it tasty is using REAL parm, not the stuff in the can. Only 372 calories a serving. I also like making chicken tikka with light coconut milk instead of the traditional heavy cream and I serve it over quinoa.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Also, my lunch is usually 1 whole avocado and 1 cup garbanzo beans mashed with salt, pepper, lemon and served in a whole wheat tortilla. Fills me up for hours!
  • brittany1039
    brittany1039 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For breakfast get a banana and smash it up then mix with two raw eggs to make like a pan cake batter. Once that's done you can put it in the pan with the stove on medium to make some pancakes. They won't be as thick and strong like regular pancakes so make small ones so it's ea Sierra to flip. Also if you'd like, you can add cinnamon to the mixed eggs and banana. They are way healthier than pancakes, packed with protein and potassium.
  • LeWahnderful
    LeWahnderful Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Look up turkey and spinach lasagna rolls. I added all the ingredients into MFP, it says they're 330 calories per roll.