Ladies: That Other Week

Options
Yeah, plenty of talk on the board about the week you want to eat all the food.

But the next week? Blah. Nothing tastes that great, not much appetite.

Last night I realized it was nearly 7 and I still had a lot of eating to do...cottage cheese, turkey burger, green beans, yogurt, and popcorn all in by 11. Sigh...

Anyone else?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yup, my appetite spikes downwards afterwards. I pay attention and eat less.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I do not suffer from this glorious affliction. I want all the foods, all the time. :disappointed:
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I do not suffer from this glorious affliction. I want all the foods, all the time. :disappointed:

bjojn3gezruz.gif
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »

Last night I realized it was nearly 7 and I still had a lot of eating to do...cottage cheese, turkey burger, green beans, yogurt, and popcorn all in by 11. Sigh...

Anyone else?

If I'm not hungry, I don't eat. I don't see this as a problem. I'm certainly not underweight or malnourished!
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I don't lose my appetite but for at least a week around that time I get nauseous. Now that I have a ton of stomach problems, it is even worse. Right now I feel horrible.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    spzjlb wrote: »

Anyone else?

If I'm not hungry, I don't eat. I don't see this as a problem. I'm certainly not underweight or malnourished!

Yeah, I hear you, but I'm trying to at least hit a minimum daily protein goal. I was under 1300 with all that.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes! My appetite usually increases for 2-3 days. And then suddenly, I'm back to being rational again.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options

Same. I don't think my overweight body will suffer much ;)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. There are 2 weeks a month when I'm just not very hungry. However, it's also the perfect time to fit those high calorie treats that I can never fit the rest of the time (bread, croissant etc), so I typically eat my calories anyway. But if I really don't have much of an appetite? I keep the big deficit. The bigger the deficit I can keep when I'm not PMSing, the better, lol.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have 1-2 days of increased appetite due to my period. A couple of hundred extra calories usually for thosedays andthe rest I am normal. I do not have low appetite days due to my period.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options

This is me. (Well, I don't eat meat. But everything vegetarian? Yeah.)
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    yep. I go from ALL THE FOOD to none of the food. I don't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry because it tends to even out from when I eat at maintenance during the week prior.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options

Anyone else?

LOL yes! I think it's the body's way of making up for the "eat all the food week" - especially if you ate all the food.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have about 3 - 5 days of being ravenous every month, and then it tapers off and I am back to normal. It's so normal for me that I can actually tell when it is coming because of the hunger spike! I don't really have a decrease in appetite after, though. I wish I did!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

same here!