i have the effort...i just dont know what more i can do...

Options
ive lost 12 lbs so far..but..i feel like maybe i should push myself harder. or eat differently...as long as my portions are right i dont feel like i need to change anything. im keeping under 1200 calories a day. i only get to 1200 when i feel like i need something sweet... but im exercising ive been running..using the wii fit making sure i at least walk everyday. what else is there to do?
sw:200
cw:188
gw:125/135

i want mainly to loose inches..but i want to do it in a amount of time...like 3 months.. in otherwords i have a 7 month old baby girl and a husband in the military and i want him to walk up to me an say...wow is this my wife??!!
if anyone has advice for me please i need all i can get.
and yes i understand it takes time..but i want to know what more i can do..

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I push myself harder. For instance....I've been doing this for almost 4 months. My cardio started as a 25 minute thing. Now it's at least 45-50 minutes long. As each week went by, I would add a minute or two the following week. If it was one, I upped the intensity. Same for lifting. Added more weight or more reps. You're on your way already!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Honestly, as you become leaner - you may have to start eating more. Muscles burns calories - fat does not. So, as you build muscle - which takes time - but, does happen.. you'll likely need to eat more in order to continue losing weight.

Strength training (weights) is what you'll want to do to tone up. If you workout at home - you can purchase hand weights from any store - from Wal Mart to a sporting goods store.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    As active as you are, I would recommend eating more calories...what is your BMR? Eat that.

:) Good job at being so dedicated!
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I would say always eat AT LEAST 1200 cals. your body needs that just to maintain properly. Keep your carbs low, protein high... and also keep your sodium and sugar low.

If you find your workouts getting easy, increase the time or intensity. Right now I am on a dance workout routine kick.. I love them.. they are tons of fun and GREAT cardio workouts.

I also have a child (4-year-old son) and a soldier (airborne infantryman-army) and I want the same reaction to come from my hubby! One thing I have noticed in military wives, is they get "comfy" in their lives and that's when the weight comes on.. I DON'T want to be like that! LoL.

You can't expect results instantly, it takes time, effort, and a lot of sweat! But if you stick to it, you can do it!! Cardio is the best for fat burn, you want your heart rate at 60-70% of your max while working out. Mine is a bit higher but I think it's because I am so out of shape but push myself 110% the whole time.. and I am sure smoking doesn't help either :/

GOOD LUCK!
  • jenjenlv
    jenjenlv Posts: 42
    Options
    If you're good with your calories then you probably need to change it up at the gym. Your muscles might be used to whatever you are doing. Change it up, establish a new routine. I am doing cardio each morning and weights each night, so 2 hrs of exercise each day and buy a heart rate monitor which tells you exactly how many calories you are burning each time so that you know exactly where you are.
  • pika8202
    pika8202 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Woman wanting to burn fat must also weight train! - you will not get 'bulky'! And the more lean muscle you build, the more fat you will burn & it increases metabolism! But you may need to increase you calories a little and/or add a little protein to build muscle.

Whenever I feel like something sweet I reach for the stevia &/or dark cocoa powder. Natural yoghurt with stevia and cocoa, or sugar free jello! But still treated as 'treat'!
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    I should also mention that I watch my calories but that's about it. I don't pay much attention to my carbs, sugar or sodium. I DO make sure to try and eat my body weight in grams of protein (today I am at 187g of protein).

I drink at least 80-100oz of water a day.

I follow an "everything in moderation" way of life. Let's be honest, none of us want to go the rest of our lives not being able to eat bread, a piece of cake or a nice steak. Learning what is a correct serving size - and following it. Calories in vs calories out.
  • submarinewife07
    Options
    ive found my guilty pleasure in italian ice bc its only 60 cal. i feel like im eating too much already. i just looked at my bmr and its saying i need to eat 1600...but it seem an awful lot.. but on here it says 1200...ugg sooo confused.. i guess i can just go to my docter and talk to them ive got an apt here in 2 weeks.....i have a gym on base that i can go to..the only problem is im insecure of myself and....its a bunch of males.lol. im just right now trying to start this up. and yes smoking doesnt help...i know that one.lol.
    now that im realizing how many cals people eat including myself that i was eating....like soda..i was a BIG soda drinker....i never worked out...i was eating now that i think about it about 4000 or more...because my husband likes that buttery southern cookin...lol. but yeaaahhh thats not gana happen anymmore
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    I always suggest people go the tools section and find out what their BMR is. I think it is a helpful tool in helping to figure out your daily caloric needs.

Weight loss isn't a one size fits all journey. And for many years, it has been drilled into our brains that we MUST have a severe calorie deficit in order to lose weight. Well, research and real life experience has shown that this isn't the way to lose weight and keep it off. Yes, most people who severely restrict their calories DO see a weight loss - at first. Then when your body catches up and realizes what is happening - the loss stops... dead in its tracks. Since we've been taught to "not eat to lose" people tend to up their exercise regime and possibly even restrict their calories more. By taking away the fuel that your body needs to live, your metabolism slows down. Your body starts to burn muscle for quick fuel instead of burning fat. It starts to store fat - just in case.

You don't want to do this. You want your body to burn the fat and build muscle. You want to speed up your metabolism. In order to do this, you HAVE to eat. No, not junk food - but, eating foods that your body can use efficiently for energy.

I follow an everything in moderation lifestyle. I know that it isn't realistic for me to say I'll never eat a piece of cake, a cookie or a steak again. The key is learning to eat ONE SERVING and not 2, 3 or 4 servings. I truly believe moderation is key to success.

So, by all means - EAT! Drink water. Workout.
  • chevy88grl
    Options
    Sorry for typos. On my phone. lol