Check out my diary need advice on why the weight is coming o

Options
rita27ny
rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
hi i have been on myfitnessplan for about a week. I have lost weight before comiing on this site which is 6lbs and now on the fitnessplan i have lost 2.5lbs which is a total of 8.5lbs. Need to lose a lot more and im working out 2hrs at the gym using random settings on the trend mill. also doing pilates and yoga.

the weight is coming off slowly and it is frustrating. How can i make it faster and make my metabolism higher?

Replies

• CierraEstelle
    CierraEstelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You should definitely start doing resistance training - lifting weights. Tone your muscles, and gaining muscle burns calories. That's the best way. I lost 30lbs just using a bowflex like 3 times a week.
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You should make your diary public, so peeps can give some advice on food choices. :)
  • rita27ny
    Options
    i do pilates twice a week,
  • rita27ny
    Options
    updated my settings thank u
  • rita27ny
    Options
    please check my diary
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    First off, why 2 hours? Everything I've read said that 60 mins is a good amount of time and that after that muscles experience fatigue which leads to injury AND by working out longer, you aren't reaping any benefits.

Next - I looked at your food diary. You aren't eating enough. I see this same thing on the forums ALL the time. People eating the minimum amount of calories (1200), working out, having calories left over sometimes and not losing weight.

You have to EAT to lose weight! No, this isn't a green light for a junk food free for all - but our bodies NEED fuel to be comfortable enough to lose weight. When we don't give them the proper nutrition they need - they will NOT lose weight. They are using all the calories you're giving it just to live. It isn't comfortable losing weight with such a low caloric intake.
  • minxblack
    minxblack Posts: 40
    Options
    I have always been told its about what you eat as well. I can't see your diary but I have a friend who competes as Ms. Fitness and she says when she needs to shape up, she has one whole egg and 2 egg whites scrambled or cooked whatever way you want and then half a cup of oatmeal with fresh blueberries, maybe some stevia if you want it sweet. Once I started doing this, I started loosing a lot more. Also, change what you do all the time. I swim, water aerobics, belly dance, zumba, and go to a gym but on different days and in a different order every week. Also, make sure you are getting enough water. If I don't eat my breakfast, or don't drink enough water, my weight loss is negligible.

Make sure you're eating all your calories or close to your calories. If you don't get enough, your body reverts to starvation mode and you can wait another 2-3 weeks to get started losing again. I hope this helps and good luck.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    First off, why 2 hours? Everything I've read said that 60 mins is a good amount of time and that after that muscles experience fatigue which leads to injury AND by working out longer, you aren't reaping any benefits.

Next - I looked at your food diary. You aren't eating enough. I see this same thing on the forums ALL the time. People eating the minimum amount of calories (1200), working out, having calories left over sometimes and not losing weight.

You have to EAT to lose weight! No, this isn't a green light for a junk food free for all - but our bodies NEED fuel to be comfortable enough to lose weight. When we don't give them the proper nutrition they need - they will NOT lose weight. They are using all the calories you're giving it just to live. It isn't comfortable losing weight with such a low caloric intake.
    ^what she said^
  • littlebones14
    Options
    Drop the long bouts of cardio, opt for high intensity intervals. Add in 2-3 resistance training sessions a week and the weight should melt.
  • rita27ny
    Options
    maybe i up it too 1600cal and burn 400cal is that enough?
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i'd go by what chevy88grl says... shes done it!!!! :0)
  • rita27ny
    Options
    what kind of resisitance training is good?
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I don't get it... 2.5 lbs. in a week is absolutely NOT slow. That's MORE than the maximum that you should be losing per week to be losing weight in a healthy way. You really shouldn't be losing more than 2 lbs. per week. Even MFP has it so that you can't put in a higher loss than that per week. So what's the problem? It look much longer than a week to gain 2.5 lbs., you should be happy that it is coming off so quickly!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    hi i have been on myfitnessplan for about a week. I have lost weight before comiing on this site which is 6lbs and now on the fitnessplan i have lost 2.5lbs which is a total of 8.5lbs. Need to lose a lot more and im working out 2hrs at the gym using random settings on the trend mill. also doing pilates and yoga.

the weight is coming off slowly and it is frustrating. How can i make it faster and make my metabolism higher?

You seem to be doing well! Slow weight loss is the best as it tends to stay off. Good luck in your journey!
  • pika8202
    pika8202 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You may be meeting your caloric values but your nutrition needs a complete overhaul. You are not eating enough food. Not eating enough fibre, nor enough protein. Your food intake seems to be reliant on mainly food sources high in fats and 'bad' carbohydrates.

As for exercise you need to 'shock' your body, to increase your metabolic rate. Weight training, interval training, circuit training are all effective ways to get your heart rate pumping.
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You add alot of the "quick calories", why? Are the foods not in the database? You can add foods if they are not listed. You have no way of knowing if you are getting enough protein, or way too much fat or sodium. Being as accurate as possible is the best thing.

I agree with Cy...2.5 in a week is awesome. Most people aim for 1-2lbs per week. Its usually standard for people to drop alot of weight right off the bat since you are making alot of changes in food and exercise. But after that, your body gets used to it and slows to a healthy pace.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    i'd go by what chevy88grl says... shes done it!!!! :0)

Aw. Thanks, sweets. :) It was a long hard road that I traveled to get here. Lots of ups and downs. I've made it a goal to help people understand this journey better - so they can avoid the same pitfalls I experienced!
  • CierraEstelle
    CierraEstelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do Kettleworx for my resistance training. Before that I just used a bowflex. I would suggest squats and lunges, as your legs have the biggest muscles in your body, which means they burn the most calories. Circuit training would really help you :)