Fitness Newbie, Help!

Options
So I am pretty new to this, I need some help discovering healthy/fit ways to fit into my lifestyle. I would love not only to shed some weight and be fit but I want to change my lifestyle for the better. I need help staying focused and motivated sticking to losing weight.

Replies

• Jay_Maddy
    Jay_Maddy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    If you have the time check out Feeding Fitness on YouTube.
    I learned some much when I was first starting out..
  • modifiedrabbitt
    modifiedrabbitt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will definitely do that! :)
  • mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Happy to help. You are welcome to friend me. Have lost 44 pounds; still a long way to go but I have learned a lot.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the decision! Weight loss is calories in, calories out. Fitness is living an active lifestyle. Doing what you enjoy is most effective (I learned the hard way!). Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • epeart11
    epeart11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck! The beginning is deciding to change your lifestyles. You go!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, you just need to eat at or below the level MFP tells you to. That's the simplest part of the equation. For fitness, I think the best thing is just to try some activities and determine what you like. If you don't like it, you probably won't incorporate it into every day life.

So far, I've determined that I like most cardio (except the stupid stationary bike), I'm indifferent to weight lifting, and I hate yoga.

Just make sure that you give each activity a couple tries to make sure that it wasn't hate at first sight.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I think in order to make a habit of being more active it mustn't feel like a chore. You simply need to find something you actually enjoy. The choices are endless.... yoga, pilates, spin classes, Zumba, other dance-based classes, kettle bells, crosstrain, running, swimming, cycling, hiking/walking, strength training, or if you find someone to play with... racquet sports... badminton or squash or tennis. There really is so much to try I'm sure you find something you'll like. :smile:
  • betzd189
    betzd189 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is starting, your almost there