Looking for more Diabetic Friends

Options
DLDzioba
DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
Hi, I'm starting over again for the.... I-don't-know-how-many-th.... time. I'm almost 30, I've got type 2 diabetes and I just found a doctor who I really believe in and who believes in me. New starting weight is 300lbs and I am finally getting some good control on my sugars. I'd love to connect with other people in similar situations or who have been where I am now.

Replies

• nicolecharlotte92
    nicolecharlotte92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey there I am just getting started have pre diabetes and must lose weight to get it and a bunch of other problems under control.
  • Terriers007
    Terriers007 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new. Just started Saturday and am diabetic. Want to lose 30 pounds. Need to be more active.
  • Goul22
    Goul22 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there! 52, Type 2, and eyes of blue. Just kidding. Eyes of blue made it rhyme ;)

Did very well last year but I got discouraged at one point. I let everything gradually slide. Oh! That slippery slope... I've fallen off the wagon so many times, I'd make a great stunt woman. I'm starting to think it doesn't matter if I fall off the wagon. The important thing is to get back on it and as soon as possible.

I find diabetes complicates the weight loss journey...

Take care everyone! :)
  • hdrj22078
    hdrj22078 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey pre diabetes for me too. Found out January 2015 cut out all breads and sugars. I lost 23 pounds quick but exercised constantly but in November I fell off the wagon also. I've gained back 9 pounds so here I go again.
  • misschicky2
    misschicky2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed in Oct'15.. A1C took a nose dive past 4 months from like 12.4 to 7.6. Still craving those breads and I do eat them but have to count them carbs. Need more snack ideas that are easy and good. Seems everything is a carb.. :(
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    DLDzioba wrote: »
    Hi, I'm starting over again for the.... I-don't-know-how-many-th.... time. I'm almost 30, I've got type 2 diabetes and I just found a doctor who I really believe in and who believes in me. New starting weight is 300lbs and I am finally getting some good control on my sugars. I'd love to connect with other people in similar situations or who have been where I am now.
    @DLDzioba Welcome back :)

This is a very supportive group you may want to look into.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1772-type-2-diabetes-support-group