Hello from Laurel Maryland

Options
bonnie1066
bonnie1066 Posts: 7 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Just looking for motivational support with no judgment! Struggling to get off 60 pounds....had a gastric bypass in 2002 but never got to where I wanted to be....I'm trying to get to 175-185. Not the stick figure docs wanted me to be at 132......my job is ALL sitting 10 plus hours.....
I'm a carboholic. ..lol...so doing pretty well my first 2 weeks.

Replies

• LolliRox
    LolliRox Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie,
    I just started this app yesterday and I want to try to stick to it and not get distracted like i often do. I work in Alexandria, VA, so we're not terribly far from each other.
    I love carbs too; but my main downfall has been hanging out with friends at Glory Days, eating buffalo wings and drinking beer too many evenings after work. It's become a habit I'm really trying to break.
    I sit a lot at work as well, but have a Varidesk so that I can stand up for part of the day, sometimes just 10 -15 minutes at a time, several times a day. My employer is very good about getting employees the ergonomic help needed. Maybe you could ask your employer for something similar so you can stand up for part of the day.
    I need to drop about 70 lbs over all - but I need to get 30 lbs off pretty quickly. I think I can do 30 lbs in 3 months, after that, the next 40 might take closer to a year.
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm originally from Maryland, but I'm a west coaster now. I'm here to support if you need it. Feel free to add me! I have a loooooooooooooooong way to go. I'm only 20 lbs into a 170 lb weight loss goal.