HCG Diet

Options
So I just finished my 2 day binge that the HCG requires while your taking the pellets. I am now at the end of my 1st day of 500 calories and it was tough! I had really bad headaches throughout the day. I'm geussing because of not getting the caffenine that I normally do! Once I drink a cup of coffee, it seems to go away. I have noticed that I have felt more energized today, verse a day with an insane amount of caffenine it! The toughest part is no sugar...I think I have the biggest sweet tooth EVER!!! Is anyone else on the HCG diet? Any tips would be great! Even success stories, to help keep me strong!
Katie

Replies

• Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Let the ****storm commence!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    The headaches are from the fact that you're starving yourself.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Let the ****storm commence!

Just what I was thinking!
  • lorenwade
    lorenwade Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm a dude. I did it in January and lost 20 pounds from it. Yes, you're starving yourself... but it sure as heck gets results. Maybe it's just from starving yourself, but it worked for me. It's was hard. Just stay tough.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    500 calories?

hmm...let's think....
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options

^^^ this
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your diet.
    Just so you know - this may not the be best forum if you want unqualified support for HCG and extremely low calorie dieting.
    It's not that you're not welcome here, but you will get quite a negative reaction from lots of people, and lots of disbelief from people like me who find it hard to comprehend how you can survive on 500 cals a day!
    However, if you search for HCG diet using the MFP search function you will find other folks who are doing the same thing who might be more helpful.
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    2wg4v7p.gif
  • KrisLee223
    KrisLee223 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is far from a lifestyle change, so while it may work for a little bit....you will gain it back. It's just another fab diet, and im my opinion, one of the most dangerous. Your body is trying to tell you something with the headaches. You are starving yourself. My tips: stop the HCG, eat healthy, and exercise.
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    The HCG diet can be very dangerous. 500 calories a day is starving yourself. The diet works, I know people who have lost alot of weight but its a fade diet and once you stop or when you eat over your suggested calorie intake you will gain weight because you body is going to hold on to the fat because it is starving. HCG diet is usually for people who have to loose a massive amount of weight due to health problems.

I was really big on the low carb type diets because I got quick results. I would lose the weight and gain it back just as fast and then some.
  • katiegast
    katiegast Posts: 3
    Options
    I first seen the HCG Diet on Dr. Oz and I thought the same thing, 500 cal/day, your starving yourself. Then a woman I work with went on this diet and I will admit, I gave her a lil hell. She lost 34lbs, which didn't surprise me. That was 14 weeks ago that she was on this diet and lost that weight. She hasn't gained any weight back. And that is what got me. Yeah, I've seen people do the cabbage soup diet and lose weight right away, but I also seen them all gain the weight right back and in some cases they gained more. HCG actually retrains your metabolism, which is amazing to me. I understand, eat heathly and exercise, but being a single parent, time is not easy to come by.
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    I first seen the HCG Diet on Dr. Oz and I thought the same thing, 500 cal/day, your starving yourself. Then a woman I work with went on this diet and I will admit, I gave her a lil hell. She lost 34lbs, which didn't surprise me. That was 14 weeks ago that she was on this diet and lost that weight. She hasn't gained any weight back. And that is what got me. Yeah, I've seen people do the cabbage soup diet and lose weight right away, but I also seen them all gain the weight right back and in some cases they gained more. HCG actually retrains your metabolism, which is amazing to me. I understand, eat heathly and exercise, but being a single parent, time is not easy to come by.

But money for unproven supplements are?

357io1k.jpg
  • NeNe967
    NeNe967 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5. I have not been hungry at all. The food has been very satisfying. I thought I might get weak and break the diet, but I am actually losing a pound a day and that is such motivation.
  • katiegast
    katiegast Posts: 3
    Options
    That is great NeNe!!! Thank you!
  • bubaloo1979
    Options
    All the negative replies from ppl on this topic are because they are focusing on the 500 cal a day part. They haven't looked into the diet, nor read the manuscript, or they would know that the remaining calories that you would normally eat on any other diet are released from your fat stores by the HCG. You are not starving because of this and it's a hell of a lot safer than any "diet pill" on the market. The maintenance part of the diet is most important as that is when the hypothalamus resets your metabolism so that you don't regain all that wait like any other "fad" diet.

I'm on day 16 of my first round and have lost 7kgs (approx 15pounds) and I feel fantastic. I'm not weak or fatigued... the opposite actually. I've got so much more energy that I ever expected. I have hypothyroidism and no matter how hard I tried in the last few years have not been able to lose weight and if I did lose a small amount, it wasn't long before I regained it. Anyone who is hungry (or starving) on this diet hasn't loaded correctly at the start.

This diet has given me and many other people the ability to lose weight and in a few months when I have finished the 2 or 3 rounds I expect I will be doing, a new life!

Good on you for giving it a go. It is a very strict diet but I've found it relatively easy. Btw, I'm only doing 23 day rounds as opposed to 40. My doctor believes (and I happen to agree) that the 40 day is too long.

Keep up the good work!
  • Babydollnikki
    Options
    Well go on wit cho bad self! You are unique! You will always shine and stand out in the crowd because you posess the ability to take on a challenge and WAIT for the sucessful outcome! And you will be successful. You stated that you are on day1 but three days from now you will be saying i'm on day 4...8...12 and so on. Just do you! Never mind these negative nancies on the site that find it odd that you are trying something outside the box. If it wern't for people like you trying a 500 calorie a day diet, others will never have any statistics to discuss nor succes stories to make an educated decision on wether or not it works. So hats off to ya and great sucess! I actually was in a clinic on monday and about to sign up for the HCG diet Loose 21 pounds in 21 days myself! However the guy discouraged me, and I put my wallet away when he said that its not always the case unless you can be disiplined and follow the rules. So I opted for the Lipotropic injection with a B12 injection plus Phentermine supressant. I am on Day 3 and I got stuck trying to force down 520 calories. Totally no appetite at all. I think my caolrie counter was left with an additional 648 calories for me to eat today but I can't.
  • Meglm1117
    Meglm1117 Posts: 70
    Options
    While this is not a lifetime diet, which this diet states, it does work. I did it. I completed my 20 days and I did cheat a tiny bit towards the end but I did lose 10 lbs and I have sense gone to a regular 12-1400 cal diet with exercise and have continued to keep it off and lose even more than I feel like I would have if I didn't do it. I was stuck for quite a while and I think this diet helped me get out of the plateu I was in.

By the way, right after the diet, I went on a weeks vaca to the beach and ate HORRIBLE most of the time. I expected to gain a tonnn and I only gained 2 lbs. It only took 1 day of eating healthy and working out to get that 2 lbs off.

This isn't just any 500 cal diet. Yes anyone could lose weight if they only ate 500 cal a day and if it wasn't for the drops, someone would gain it ALL back but the drops are specifically designed (RESEARCH IT) so that will not happen as long as you dont go from eating the 500 cal to binging or going back to eating however you want to eat. You are supposed to slowly reintroduce more foods and calories to get back up to 1500 cal.

I have struggled with my weight my entire life and probably will continue to do so. I am one of those people that would gain SO easily even if I mess up a lil bit and have done great majority of the time. I was COMPLETELY SHOCKED when I got home from vaca and didn't gain atleast 5 lbs. I think this time around, that diet has helped keep that from happening as much as it would have. I don't gain as easy as I did and I actually LOSE when I work for it which I also had problems with before. This diet is not for everyone and I am not saying anyone needs to do it in order to lose weight because you don't. It really takes a lot of will power and it is hard.

I feel like this diet worked more as a cleanse for me and got rid of all the toxins which in turn is why I am able to lose more when I work for it. I really do feel like it did boost my metabolism.

I will never do any crazy diets again. I've tried all of them. I'm done trying them. This was a lil different and doing it once a year will prob be ideal for me to rid the toxins and I do feel like doing some type of cleanse really does work but all anyone needs to do to lose weight, keep it off is workout and eat healthy and that's what I believe in and will stick by. All those crazy diets that restrict foods may work short term but not long term which is another reason why this diet isn't a life long diet, its specifically to be done for a certain amount of time to help guide how you eat afterwards and boost your metabolism.
  • gallinipper
    Options
    good luck my neice is on it and she said that it is really hard on the 500 calorie but going strong.:smile: