I'm ready...again lol! Help! Ready to see any # in the 100s weight so who's with me?

Options
So I just downloaded this app and it has to work. Ok I have to work harder but I need support. I've downloaded 3 other apps but none of them are doing it for me. This new year and my damn resolutions cost a lot so something has got to fall off these hips. I have invested in losing weight for real this time so I can't lose my investment in myself. 250lbs and I think I look good....with alot of black and inhales to suck it in lol! I don't feel good thoguh4and I am cheating myself out of another 35 years of life. I am "pre" everything medically and don't want to live on pills and needles. If you can offer some ideas, support or just want to say "hi" along your journey then come on! I have a long way to go but there's nothing to it but to do it! Good luck everyone, much success to you all!

Replies

• evanbates728
    evanbates728 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I used fitness blender to start out. It's on you tube they have cardio to yoga for beginners. Still learning myself.( only been going for about a month) All I can say that helped me food wise is your gonna have craving and it's OK to have a cheat every now and then. People might disagree but I think it helps. One thing that has helped me as well is get rid of the phrase " I cant". It's better to say I tried then I can't. Helps me. Good luck.
  • FitMomma082018
    FitMomma082018 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey girl I am right there with you. I gained 70 PDS with each of my two pregnancies and this second time I've gained 30 PDS since I had my son last December!!!! I am up to 270 and its just crazy. I can't let it go anymore. My fiance is great and I know he loves me and is still attracted to me but I weighed 184 when we got together so that's a huge difference. Summer is coming up again and I want to take my boys to the beach and not avoid it because I don't want to put on a swimsuit! So let's do this girl and support each other!!!! Change is always possible' one day at a time.
  • ebonyeparadise
    ebonyeparadise Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for that and I checked the site out. I will try it tomorrow after work. I have only been at this again since January. The working out has physically been hard on my back with the weight but your advice shall be taken and I will not quit my workout tomorrow by saying "I can't"!
  • ebonyeparadise
    Options
    Fitmomma082016 you're scaring me because you really do sound like me lol! When I lost weight before I was 185lbs so it was easy. Then life as it does, happened and here I sit at 250 and one burger away from diabetes and hypertension bp. I'm 35 for crying out loud lol! I got you girl and I appreciate your support. It's so easy to talk yourself out of working out and eating right when you're alone so this is me owning that and reaching out. Oh and the beach....I live in Florida and wouldn't dare go with all of this....but I want to too. We got this girlie!
  • elsie289
    elsie289 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Plan your eating out ahead of time. And if you happen to eat something more than you planned/expected - tally it up and count it. Don't just throw caution to the wind. When you make yourself see the actual numbers it is helpful. And you can exercise or cut back another day to try to even it out.

When I did w.w. before they always said watch out for the BLT's. Bites, Licks, Tastes and Sips. We had to count 25 cal. for each one. That will make you think before you do it!!

You can do this!! You may not be at your goal in 3 months or 6 months- but just think- you won't be looking back and saying "I wish I would've done something back then" or "if only I had started this 6 months ago...."

I set my weight loss goal at 2 pounds so that if I mess up, It gives me wiggle room and I still lose.

• ebonyeparadise
    Options
    Thank you elsie289. I really like that BLT's. It's funny you mentioned the planning of food because that is what I am having a slightly hard time with. I bought healthy food and am doing herbalife with it but I am always wondering what can I order can't I eat then I just grab something. I agree with slow and steady with the losing weight. I just want to see progress and feel better. Thanks again for the great advice.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have 100 to lose, I gained it all due to a few years of severe depression.. I'd love new friends to help keep me motivated!
  • cheryl254
    cheryl254 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm on the weight loss/lifestyle journey again, we can do this. My motto, one day at a time. My first goal is to get below 200, I'm at 244 now. Once I reach 200 I will set another goal. I haven't started exercising yet but hopefully will be able to start in the next 3-4 weeks. Good luck to everyone and yes we can do this.
  • KimberleyWilson2
    KimberleyWilson2 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'd totally love an add as your friend! I'm in here every day, have a little over 100 lbs to lose. Doing awesome at being consistent and love having people on here to be motivated with.
  • KrystalErin0429
    KrystalErin0429 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate! Feel free to add me. Id love the motivation! We can do this!
  • GiGiJam80
    GiGiJam80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add ... I'm re-starting my weight loss journey. I need all the support and would love to provide support. We got this!
  • ebonyeparadise
    Options
    Hi emmagrace0818! I totally understand. My gain started 10 years ago after an accident where food and me became besties while recovering. It's crazy because it is one friend I can't get away from lol! Any support I can give us yours. I am learning this site so sorry for the late reply. I thought I would be notified on my own page but I guess not. I will send you a friend request.
  • ebonyeparadise
    Options
    Hi cheryl254! I just had a complete work up done with my friend who does herbalife and I am officially 249.6 so we are almost at the same starting point. My doc said I should be 165 but I needed a realistic goal to start with so 200 here I come! We can do this. It's funny you mentioned the exercising because I was just telling my friend that physically I can't because of the weight and the way my lower back feels curved because of where my fat has decided to bunk at. Weird but true. I can't lay flat to do lifts or sits up without serious pain so I have to lose 10-15lbs then try. Crazy! But I'm ready to try. We can do this!
  • ebonyeparadise
    Options
    Kimberly Wilson2 that is awesome! Consistency is where I hope I can get some great advice from you and everyone on. I did great during the work week but with nothing to do yesterday omg...We have close to the same amount to lose so let's do this together. I am loving all of the supportive people on here. It really makes me feel more optimistic and not alone. Thank you.
  • ebonyeparadise
    Options
    Hi ktyler0811 I will send you a request. Thanks for reaching out and yes girl we can do this!
  • ebonyeparadise
    Options
    Gjamaldi I have learned starting again is harder this time then the first try.I know now that it's too hard to do alone emotionally which I why I decide to do a group and so far it's great (and therapeutic lol).
  • laurieemorgan4
    laurieemorgan4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started logging and paying attention two weeks ago. I was on an up, up, up and then needed to get my gallbladder out. I actually started logging what I eat because right now there isn't much I can eat and I'm hoping the good habits will stick once I get adjusted. So I'm using this as a new start since I have no choice but to learn so much about food or face some really embarrassing consequences when I go back to worl next week. :smile:

I was 266 when I went into the hospital on 3/9 and today I'm at 250. I'm looking to hit 200 as my first goal. Currently I can't tolerate anything over 4 g of fat per serving. I also have to watch my fiber, very gradually increasing. And I cannot tolerate gluten which was not an issue before this year. There have been days where I don't plan what I'm going to eat and feel bloated or dizzy or have no energy. Lots of learning but it should have happened earlier and being healthy will be an awesome 40th bday present!

Nice to meet you!
  • ebonyeparadise
    Options
    Wow laurie well let me start with I am so happy you are well and your procedure went ok. Like you said, there are good habits you will be able to take from this. Sometimes being forced to do something is unfortunately the only way. I am pre diabetic and pretty sure that I have crossed that line. I am avoiding going back to the doctor until I give myself one good try to do right by myself without prescribed pills and needles. We can do this. My 36th birthday is Dec 1 and I hope to be at 200 or less by then. I am sure you can do it by your 40th.

It's nice to meet you as well and we will all get through this journey together!
  • ebonyeparadise
    Options
    It has been 13 days since I started using this app and I am so happy I did. I have met great people with similar weight challenges so I don't feel so alone. I feel inspired. I feel like the bomb for doing this lol! So what it's only been two weeks. It's two weeks more than I've done before so ha! I appreciate all of the support and will always give mine.
  • Citycat2015
    Citycat2015 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's been nearly 2 weeks for me too and so glad I am here! Down 8 pounds so far. I have 75-90 left to lose but focusing on getting into the 100s. Please add me if you want.