Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    What do you want advice on?
  • Neroozzz
    Neroozzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Any tricks, or any advice that will help me to lose weight fast !
  • yane14
    yane14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Moderation is key. Don't try to eliminate everything at once. Do it little by little and don't deprive yourself thats how you end up binging.
  • Neroozzz
    Neroozzz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think u just said the right thing ,thanks alot yane :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to stop eating, you just have to stop overeating. You love food very much, and that is just fine, we all do - but you don't necessarily love very much food at once. Moderation in all things :)
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    What do you want more than food? People either run to something (like something you want more than food) or from something (dying alone, for instance - ok, seriously something like disease or social rejection). So, tell me this, what do you want?

And know that - regardless of what motivates you to be on MFP despite loving food so much - you get the same calories to lose weight. And you might be inconvenienced to prepare food or pass on a night out if it would bust your food plan. But you'll love how you FEEL once you commit and stick to eating within your calorie range. Then we can talk about how you'll LOOK. You'll steal glimpses of yourself in store windows and dark computer screens because you'll see your face looks more chiseled. You'll start feeling proud to pass on food that's not yours instead of feeling deprived. But to get there, pull the camera out a bit and figure out what you're running from or towards.

• Kittyhawk505
    Kittyhawk505 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ask yourself which foods you love most. If it's "the white stuff" like sugar, pasta, white bread, etc, then (from what I've read) you have an addiction that's real... in your brain. These foods give you a kind of "high", dumping feel good chemicals into your system, and then you just want MORE! I finally was able to get my appetite under control by eliminating these things. Was it easy? Not for the first few days, but after that, I found it easier. Interestingly, good nutritional and low calorie foods (like raw spinach, strawberries, etc) even taste mich better than they used to. And even if I go over my calorie limit, I still am losing weight!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I love food too.
    Volumetrics helped me. There are foods you can eat in high volume.
    The staples of the Volumetrics plan—water-rich foods like brothy soups, fruits and vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, lean meat, and fish—not only help control hunger by filling you up, but they also do it on fewer calories.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/volumetrics-what-it-is
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I still eat the foods I love, only less of them and/or less often.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I love food too. And that makes it hard to lose weight.... we are often surrounded by food, it's part of social occasions, it brings pleasure in the moment while you're eating it, it can be a fun activity when you are bored.

However, the reality is that eating too much over a long period isn't good for health. Like it or not, each of us has to make the decision about what we want more - immediate gratification from lots of delicious, sweet, salty, crunchy, fluffy, savoury, chewy food OR to look after our health for the long term.

I know very well that the reason I'm overweight is that I eat too much. Not just too much junky food, but too much "healthy" food as well. The only way my weight will reduce to a healthy level and then stay somewhat stable is for me to make the decision to eat at a more reasonable level. It's as simple as that. There is no magic pill, potion or strategy, nothing is going to make me wake up tomorrow 15kg lighter.

I don't think trying to lose weight FAST is a good goal. Not for me, anyway. The best goal is to find a level of acceptance that this is just what I have to do - eat good food, but not too much. And exercise makes me feel good (mentally and physically), so I need to do that too, as part of the package.

And I'm definitely not planning to give up the food and occasions I enjoy. Just, as others have said above, eat a more reasonable amount of it. And not make food such a focus, enjoy the other good things in life as well.