NROLW

Options
Good morning! I am just starting, today was wo 1 on phase 1. Can you look over and see if I am on the right track please? I think I need to increase weights. Also seemed to go by too quickly as I was finished in about 35 minutes.
Stats: 5'4 192lb
Squats: 9lb (excruciating for my knees - any alts?)
Seated Row: not sure of lb, level 6 first rep and 8 for last rep
Step-ups: 10lb in each hand
Planks: 1 min each rep
I also do HIIT 2x weekly
Any feedback is appreciated :)

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    That first stage is short - the workouts get longer as you go. With regard to squats and knees, when you squat think of your knees spreading out - adopt a wider stance as well, maybe (think sumo style) - and don't use weights until you find a stance where you have no knee pain. Instead, raise your arms in front of you - this acts as a counter-balance so you can sit onto your heels more. Whatever your starting weight, if you are feeling like you are just making the last rep still maintaining form, you are good. Keep a log so you can up the weight as you go.
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    What maxit said on the squats. If they hurt, stop. Have a trainer teach you.
  • jennmariepantoja
    jennmariepantoja Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • nicolemarie999
    nicolemarie999 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Do the squats with a trainer and have them check your form. Most likely your letting one or both of your knees collapse inwards or not getting your weight back onto your heels. Try to always do squats in front of a mirror to keep an eye on form.