body coach sss plan

Options
HI, is anyone doing this with success? Do you track calories at the same time?x

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Let me guess, this is another scamwoo where you pay hundreds of dollars to some "coach" who then tells you you have to buy special "supplements" and "powders" and suchlike to lose weight...

Why not just track the calories on your own?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Can you get your money back? Try MFP, it is free. Tons of successful peeps here!
  • janekocanpayne
    janekocanpayne Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started this and lost both weight and inches during the first cycle.
    However, I stopped doing it after the first few weeks of Cycle 2 as the huge amounts of carbs (and I mean massive) did not agree with me at all (I had elevated body temperatures, severe indigestion, digestive issues, and hypoglycemic episodes after eating).
    I would be very careful with this plan if you have any kind of metabolic disorder (I have PCOS, an underactive thyroid, and possibly insulin resistance with pituitary function issues as well) as the levels of carbs are likely to be unsuitable for you.
    I'd also be very careful if you have a lot of weight to lose and/or have a good fitness base already. Personally I think the diet probably fits well with a fairly narrow spectrum of people i.e. people who have 10-20lbs to lose, but don't currently do much/any exercise.
    We also found that our weekly shopping bill doubled (sometimes more than that), so make sure you factor this in when making the decision as to whether or not this is suitable for you.
  • Rebekkadorn
    Rebekkadorn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My best friend is currently on cycle 2, she hated cycle one with a passion and only continued because she had paid for the plan. Apparently cycle 2 comes with a lot of bloating and you need to factor in the cost of the plan and shopping each week. I'm not talking about a normal amount of shopping you would expect to do maintaining a healthy diet, she goes shopping every 3 days and can spend anything from £30-£50. I'm not sure how sustainable spending this much money for 1 person is in the long run. The workouts do seem good but I personally prefer tracking my calories and ensuring I do not over eat, 50lbs later and it appears to be working.
  • theonly1iknow
    theonly1iknow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, it's not a scam, far from it, I got through 8 weeks before I hurt my hand severely and was unable to exercise (and prepare food properly) I'm currently getting back into exercise and will continue to finish it. It has taught me a lots about nutrition and fueling my body for Hiit sessions in cycle 1, and then hiit and strength training in cycle 2. Check out his instagram feed @thebodycoach the meals are all quick, easy to prepare with simple ingredients. He recommends protein powder and a few other vitamins, but not his own and states very clearly that you do the need to take ANY supps if you don't want. I've totally loved it, and the shopping can be done cheaply if you shop right, use discount supermarkets, and bulk prep meals.
    Hope this helps. I was a perennial Calorie counter, and always felt starving using the cals on MFP, but was really starting to notice definition in my body shape after 8 weeks. I'm currently using body coach meal principles alongside macros and will start back after the weekend most probably.
    His lean in 15 cookbook is pretty good too.
  • Soniastevo1989
    Soniastevo1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I’ve counted calories for a long time and I only have about half a stone to lose but want to tone up. The only way I have done this before is healthy eating and not counting calories. Yes, I can lose weight but I can’t maintain it or firm up. I’m happy to say I’ve signed up and unless you ate badly before then the shopping is not expensive. The main things are the herbs and spices but we already have those. Just like calorie counting I am using this to stay on track and eat well. For example, I don’t think an omelette, nuts, chicken stirfry and then a chilli with sweet potato is going to make me bankrupt.
    p.s not a powder or juice in sight. everything works differently for different people x