• hokagenoob
    hokagenoob Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    hokagenoob wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Not if you're just pulling numbers out of your *kitten*

This^

Put some effort into logging and you will actually get something out of it. Measuring portions is an important learning tool. It forces us to look hard at our choices. I'm fat because my portions are too big. Measuring food tells me that.

If you want a no-logging weight loss method, then try something else. The No-S diet is one example. Still - this needs to be a lifestyle change or the weight will come back.
    [/

I love how rude you guys can be. the fitness community is suppose to be about helping with respect not using rude language.I'm just trying to learn and improve. I tracked the foods that I had the labels on it, just not the homemade stuff. I don't always want to rely of tracking. That is not healthy for my mentality. Being intuitive sometimes helps the stress of tracking. I love eating a big therefore I eat one huge one leaving me full throughout the day.

I don't think my post was rude at all. You could be the exception, the person that guestimates their food consumption and manages to lose weight. It could happen.

But the reality for most people here, is we don't have good intuition with regards to food. I know bad intuition is what got me here. I know people who can manage their weight (I'm related to some).....but that's not me.

Learning portions (by measuring) is helping me learn. To keep weight off MOST of us (there will be exceptions) will need lifestyle changes.

There are lifestyle changes that do not revolve around logging, if that's your preference. The No-S diet: is no seconds, no sweets, no snacks, except on days that begin with S (Saturday, Sunday, Special days).

Oh, okay, I see , well thank you for your input!
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    selina884 wrote: »
    Oh it's rude if you are cheering on someone else that's being rude.

I reported that post.

Thanks girlie:)
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    I find tracking food easy during the week because I mostly eat tuna,chicken, labeled foods... On weekends I pretty much guesstimate and it has been work for me

Hmmm interesting! Do you also keep track of ur macros?
  • hokagenoob
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    hokagenoob wrote: »
    Hey ladies n gentlemen!
    I have a quick question, if I eat whatever I want and just kind of guesstimate everything that I'm eating in my head or log it into my meals, and end up like 2,500cal when my goal is 1400 then do about 2/3 different sessions of cardio the same day (voluntarily not feeling forced because I've been enjoying cardio on the treadmill lately) could I still lose weight?

If your goal is 1400, you eat 2500, and you exercise off 1100 calories then yes. Yes you will lose weight. I have over 5000 calories some days. NET calories are what matter.

You still need to be accurate about logging calories/exercise. Lock that down and you're golden.

• hokagenoob
    Options
    LesleyL30 wrote: »
    I tend to go back and forth. I binge too sometimes but I also have a hard hard time when I log my food. I am an all or nothing type person so when I log food I tend to watch too carefully and not eat enough. I don't love food either, so it's easy for me to go without eating but it's very unhealthy. So as of now I try rot to focus too much on calorie intake and more on processed sugars and carbs. I agree with the "don't count on cardio too much" running helped me lose at my most 65 pounds. 3 years ago. I've gained between 10-15 pounds I'm currently working on getting off. The biggest help was cutting all that processed crap. But I'm not gonna lie I binge sometimes still, I love candy, chocolate, cakes all that tummy stuff! Good luck! Friend me if you want!

Thanks for sharing ur story! I was restricting my cals for months and undereating and now I face the consequences with binging. What has helped me is eating all my cals in one sitting (whatever I really wanted to eat) and feel full the whole day. But I wonder if its healthy doing that? I guess I should test it out by continue doing it since I'm on spring break right now. Do you think the cals burned on what the treadmill says is accurate? I also use fitbit conn to myfitnesspal:)
  • LesleyL30
    LesleyL30 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't trust the calorie counters as a whole, some are more accurate than others but none are 100%, at least that I have found. Though everyone is different I would definitely suggest spacing out the eating. You're body needs to refuel throughout the day, the biggest thing is going to be what you are eating and how much. Like I said as a whole, even before I decided enough was enough, I ate healthy anyway. I tried to limit my processed foods. I'm not a crazy organic only gluten free weirdo, but I do stay away from breads, frozen TV dinners and snacks, crackers all that kind of stuff.