Anybody else out there get SVT with exercise?

Options
I've been getting SVT for the past couple of years now and since I've really started to push myself with reg exercise I notice that I get it when my HR gets over a certain level or if I become breathless. It's really bad at times when I swim that seems to trigger it more. It doesn't cause any pain or shortness of breath but it does freak me out. It spontaneously resolves within a few seconds.

I do worry though about pushing myself too hard sometimes and it does mean I hold back which is frustraiting.

Just wanted to see if there are any other peeps out there who experience similar issues?

My Doc says not to worry about it but you know you kind of do when your hearts racing at 270+ beats per min lol.

Replies

• pika8202
    pika8202 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I would be seeking a second opinion immediqtely. That is extremely dangerous, and more than likely an indication of something more serious. Infarct is not always accompanied with pain/S.O.B.
    I would be requesting further investingation including blood tests for cardiac markers, and ask for a stress test or holter monitor.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with Pika hunny!!! Go get checked out, sooner than later!
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I would be seeking a second opinion immediqtely. That is extremely dangerous, and more than likely an indication of something more serious. Infarct is not always accompanied with pain/S.O.B.
    I would be requesting further investingation including blood tests for cardiac markers, and ask for a stress test or holter monitor.

yup
  • AquaAura
    AquaAura Posts: 105
    Options
    ... it's been checked out guys :) . I have a completely normal ECG and I'm not symptomatic for anything more serious thank goodness. Because its so sporatic and short lived its never been caught on ECG which means it can't specifically be diagnosed. Advice is no restrictions but its hard to ignore when your exercising lol.
  • pika8202
    pika8202 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ECG was normal, but have you ever had a stress test?