Good meal plan site or app?

Options
napilibay
napilibay Posts: 121 Member
Hi
Outside of MFP, does anyone recommend a good site with healthy realistic meal plans? I don't have a lot of time to think of all the meals for the week so pre-made plans would be great! Thanks

Replies

• andrewjb81
    andrewjb81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good question. Bump...
  • dpaden25
    dpaden25 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I agree! I've recently been thinking of meal prepping/planning but it's a TON of work really trying to sit down and plan it on Sundays, and THEN prep. Not to mention also prepping the kiddos for the school week!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I take a few tier approach. First I sit down with my family and we talk for about 5 minutes listing out what we want to eat for dinner the following week. Usually this is the end of the week. Sometimes we work with what produce we have to use up. Other nights are busy for me so my husband picks things he likes to cook, etc. I post this on the fridge.

Every weekend I also make a few dishes to freeze. That may be meatballs, burritos, nuggets, some kind of soup, stew, chili, curry, stuffed peppers, etc. and they get portioned and frozen.

Lastly, I make some kind of breakfast item to heat and eat (or not heat - deviled eggs are my new favorite daily breakfast) all week.

I grocery shop every week based on the plans.
  • jenovatrix
    jenovatrix Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I use mealime. It's good for singles and small families (4 people). You choose your diet - regular, light on the meat, fish/seafood only, vegetarian, low carb, any allergies you might have, and any foods you strongly dislike and it creates a custom meal plan for you. The cool thing about it is that it's engineered to reduce food waste as much as possible so you will actually use up all those vegetables you buy and not have leftovers sitting in the fridge.

It used to be a paid subscription but they just converted it to a free basic plan. I paid for a subscription through October so they switched me over to premium, which means I get access to their nutrition info (I don't use it, I enter into mfp) and the ability to go to past meal plans. They are thinking about other things to offer to premium members. I'll see if it's still worth paying for when October comes.

I've been using it for months and I couldn't be happier with it. It's so easy for me to get all my shopping done, not have to worry about what to cook, and the meals are easy and relatively fast to get on the table. My boyfriend and I cook them together. I make all the sauces :smiley: There have been a couple clunkers but 95% of the meals have been fantastic.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    For recipes,skinnytaste is my fav.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste also has meal plans. Slenderkitchen has them for a fee.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    This site can help,http://www.livinglocurto.com/index.php/2009/06/weekly-dinner-meal-plan-week-9/. For recipes ,skinnytaste.com is great.
  • jettajane77
    jettajane77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste, Emily Bites, drizzle me skinny..
  • KiraCharman
    KiraCharman Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I run my own recipe swap page, there is loads of inspiration on there if you want to join
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/192418107779602/