60 plus pounds down

Options
nuklh3d1
nuklh3d1 Posts: 12 Member
edited March 2016 in Success Stories
4efm53arpj1j.png

I've struggled for over 20 yrs to get my weight down. Finally I hit bottom on my visit to the doctor. At 306 lbs at 5'7" and with a bad cholesterol of 240 (was told under 170 is where I needed to be), the doctor told me to lose it or possibly die of either a heaat attack or stroke.
So here it is about 8 months (6 with myfitnesspal) I'm down just over 60 lbs and still dropping. Minimum gym time but monitoring everything I eat.
If I'm capable of losing anyone can! I had every excuse imaginable. I work on call 24/7 so I am always busy and tired. I travel a lot so going out is my only option. My job is 12-16 hrs of sitting sedementary. But I downloaded the app, purchased a Benito box and joined a gym and also take advantage of the available equipment at the hotel.fxmlrr602fsc.png

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!! Way to go get it :D
  • mindync68
    mindync68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Very encouraging as I am beginning my journey.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Dude! Where'd your face go?
  • sherry_kirby3
    sherry_kirby3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm to starting my journey u did awesome job
  • yessie916
    yessie916 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! I know the struggle and Im right there with you!
  • ceejayhatton_mfp
    ceejayhatton_mfp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great Transformation!
  • Nafina
    Nafina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    way to go! looking good
  • flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well done
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Congratulations!
  • susembe
    susembe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • K10D2015
    K10D2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome story!

Great job :)
  • MzSophiaJ
    MzSophiaJ Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    wowwwww handsome man! Well done x
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! 60 pounds is outstanding!
  • Butt3rfly831
    Butt3rfly831 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very impressive , thanks for the motivation keep it up you look great
  • Cellphoneman123
    Cellphoneman123 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is awesome. I'm on my own journey and have a long way to go before I sniff the 250s. But I'll get there, and seeing you just restored my motivation. So thank you brother and keep it up!
  • jodsaccount
    jodsaccount Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Really Outstanding. Even more impressed you logged 773 meals. Hard work . Great job !
  • krepanie
    krepanie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is fantastic!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Love that you took every excuse and smashed it!! Awesome.
  • nuklh3d1
    nuklh3d1 Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Wow guys! You know how to make a guy feel great! I honestly hadn't meant to post onto my own forum I thought I'd posted to an open one but, glad I made the mistake. I'm being honest though, if I can lose ANYONE can. Too add to the excuses I'm 42 yo, I do not like/eat vegetables (potatoes, corn, green beans are meh) so salads are a no. I'm a true meat and potatoes kind of guy! I work as an engineer for a railroad and honestly sit for 8-16 hrs, hot lunches were a no go. Away from home 4-5 times a week for 24-48 hrs so I ate out a lot. As mentioned on call 24/7 so the phone rings I have 2 hrs to be at work (I live an hour away). I'm not a very motivated person a few small changes snowballed into a few small changes, and again into a few small changes. But they all accout towards my goal. As Oprah says " I eat bread " as for me... Pasta, chocolate, pizza, tacos, cake, potatoes (you get it) eat what you want but am accountable. On the other side I'm hoping I'm not done losing but my health has vastly improved GURD - not a problem, sleep apnea-barely noticible (i have a machine), waking up with a sore back- no more. If one person find that this helps I'm glad i made a mistake! Sorry for the long story...... end.
  • yooperMI
    yooperMI Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for sharing! It motivates those at the start of their journey! You look fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!