iPhone app for C25K

Options
I am looking for an app to go along with the C25K program. I do not want to wear a watch to track the time intervals because I find myself constantly looking at it wonderng if it is time to walk or run again. I would like an app with voice commands when it is time to change.

There are several available on iTunes, but I would like to know which ones people here like and why.

Replies

• neocharon
    neocharon Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like Nike Plus GPS, it tracks your miles, pace and post to face book and keeps a great visual record. You can set up the time to be called out at certain intervals (mine is at the mile marks and every 15 mins), but I am not sure if it would be everything you want. Its the one I prefer though!
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    I have used 321 Run.

you can play your music. but i found that you have to have that app open on the screen for it to actually tell you when to walk / run. worth a try, pretty sure it was free too.
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I really really love 'Get Running' - you can play your music and a *lovely* lady interrupts to tell you when to run and when to walk and in the earlier runs, she'll let you know when you've got 30 seconds, or 1 minute to go.....she gradually backs off as you run for longer times. It's been prefect for me - I have 2 runs to go until I finish the programme.
  • leighkent
    leighkent Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I use iMapMyRUN - there are so many out there to choose from ! xx
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    my daughter and i use run keeper , she uses it for running and i use it for walking ! you can also go on the web site and see a map of where you ran my daughter loves it!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    C25K app. u can use ur own music

see what u like best. or has what u r looking for, i want to get the nike+
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good around the office about the C25K app. I'm going to get it once this move is over.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I use the C25K app. You can use your own music on that one too.

I look hilarious when I run!!! I'm constantly checking my gadgets. I have my MP3 going (I'm not a fan of iTunes, it's a long story, but I'm sticking with my MP3), my HRM and my iPhone so that I can see where I'm at with time (I like looking at the time go down as I motivate myself that I CAN run those last few minutes). I wear the iPhone on my wrist because I don't like the feeling of it on my bicep.

I think if you're going running because you're not a runner and it's something you want to try, try the C25K app. There are other apps out there that measure distance, your routes and all that jazz, but you don't need that right away. For me, I ran 10 minutes (or whatever) straight. At that point, I'm happy that I ran the whole time, the distance is not a factor to me YET!
  • mom2nate08
    mom2nate08 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I actually ended up going with the C25K app. I love that it lets me add my own music and tells me when to start and stop. I am horriblw with a watch. I constantly look at it and the minutes seem to drag out. I will admit though, I am guilty of pulling out my iPhone to see how much longer I have to run, especially the last segments! I have the GPS that I use along with the C25K app. I like the Nike app because I can go online and see my times broken down by tenths of a mile. I'm not out for speed by any means, but the graphs help me to keep track of runs that I struggled more on.