My Name is Madison...

Options
Hey Everyone! My name is Madison. I am ready to lose weight, get in shape, and begin a healthy lifestyle! Any tips to stay on track will be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• davidmartinez66
    davidmartinez66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey Madison,
    Welcome to MFP. The people here are very nice, helpful and motivational. Please free to add me, I log food and exercise daily and will help you (along with many others) stay on track, and if struggle to help get you back
    on track.

How much weight are you looking to lose and how much exercise are you looking to do?

Enjoy the journey!
    David
  • Bam11jhm12
    Bam11jhm12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I am looking to lose 40 pounds and am hoping to be working out daily!
  • mjfox61
    mjfox61 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to shed 40 lbs as well.
    My big thing was cutting down on pop....I love my pop....couldn't eliminate it but can feel a difference already.
  • Bam11jhm12
    Bam11jhm12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think my biggest thing to work on is binge eating. I work nights, and I don't eat at work. So when I get off work, I go home and eat entirely too much, and then lay down to go to sleep. I am going to start taking some healthy snacks to work and eat there, that way I don't eat before I go to sleep.
  • mb2189
    mb2189 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ooh eating before sleep is one of my worst habits. I'm looking to loose 55 pounds and I'll be happy to encourage you. Feel free to add me.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Hi Madison...my best advice is to read the book "Always Hungry?" by Ludwig. Really gets into the science behind what our bodies do with a calorie of fat, a calorie of carbs, etc. You don't necessarily have to follow HIS plan, but it will help make sense of whatever plan you choose.

And you have to have a plan. Exercise alone won't get rid of 40 lbs. It's all about what you eat and when.

I am using a plan that takes the basic Paleo diet and adds MUFAs (from Flat Belly) and restricts certain foods (from Eat Right For Your Blood Type). I've lost 12 lbs. since 2/6/16, my previously painful knees are amazingly improved, and I feel fantastic already.

Let me know if I can help.
  • Meyerformayor1
    Meyerformayor1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So I've lost 45 pounds in three months. One of the things I've noticed is people put A LOT of focus on their working out. But keep in mind physical activity is only a very small part of weight loss. Your diet good or bad has a much bigger impact on your weight. I work 12 hour days at a desk job so I don't have a lot of time to work out. I have lost nearly all my weight simply through calorie management and not eating junk all day. When I can I walk in the office to get my steps in. But really focus on the diet and the rest well come to you.