What can I log Boxercise and Bodypump as in diary?

Options
Hello there

I've started doing Boxercise and Bodypump classes (60mins each) and I can't find them on the database to log in my exercise diary. Can someone help? The nearest I can think is circuits but that seems to burn a ridiculous amount of calories so I wondered if there was anything closer?

Please help!

Replies

• deisha
    deisha Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello I have had trouble trying to calculate my group class calories. However, after searching Google, I found that Body Pump burns around 200-250 per hour. In MFP I put body pump as strength training with weights. Boxercise is a little bit more with 340-420. These amounts depend on body weight, workout intensity, conditioning level and metabolism.
    I always put calories burned in as an under estimate.
    Hope this helps x
  • turbofiregirl
    Options
    If you have a Heart Rate monitor that tells you the calories lost, you can create your own excercise and feed in the data. I did not own a HRM for long and I randomly selected the closest match in the excercise database and figured out that I actually burn less than what is being calculated directly by MFP.

So, if you can afford a HRM, do get a reliable one, like a Polar.

Cheers.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Before you get the HRM, I would log it in as High Impact Aerobics!
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Boxercise - high impact aerobics.
    Pump - as deisha has already said between 250 and 350 depending on what you weigh. Obviously make sure you're using a challenging weight (but not too difficult) so you get a decent heart rate going. At 140lbs I was burning about 260 in a pump class.
  • Dani_Scott
    Dani_Scott Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you all for replying really quickly (I love MFP!!), however, I have gone to add the 60 min boxercise class as high impact aeobics and it's coming up as over 700 calories burned. How is this even possible. Does MFP work out calories burned in relation to your weight info or is it generic, I am quite big but not forklifted out of my house big. Its a bigger no of calories than circuit!

In regards to the HRM, I have just been diagnosed with Graves Disease which means I've got a high heart rate most of the time (approx 100bpm when resting), would this effect it results?

Thanks again!