Any GTA 40 plus people?

Options
smilinwendy2016
smilinwendy2016 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Looking for some motivation! I gained about 20 lbs after I quit smoking 15 months ago. I'm 45 and I've never found it so hard to lose 15-20 lbs! Lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks, and now I've been stagnant for the last couple weeks. :(

Replies

• MRSLJ1975
    MRSLJ1975 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it get harder as I get older :(
  • fwwilsonii
    fwwilsonii Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Once I broke 40 it meant more work, but still fighting. Feel free to add me...
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 46 and feel like I'm always trying to lose that last 10. Feel free to add me. It's great to have peer pals. : )
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    You can do it, just keep plugging away and it will happen.
  • stockyish
    stockyish Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The older we get the harder we hace too work. I was 230 for many yrs finally after 15 yrs I'm at 185. It's hard to stay there
  • WibblyPig1966
    WibblyPig1966 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done on quitting smoking. I am teetering on the verge of 50, and struggling very hard to lose weight. I have about 18lb to go, and probably 10 years ago I would have lost that in a few weeks. If you are still looking for motivation, I will join you.
  • DebbieBeil
    DebbieBeil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in my mid-50's and over the past 10 yrs or so my weight has fluctuated up and down. Kids are grown - work full time - like to go out to eat a lot and party on weekends. I like a good Cosmo! I started following Crazyhealthyfit and I am starting to see results while still enjoying the food I like to eat (and alcohol)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    47 Year old here: Personally I think the "it's harder the older you get" is a myth that we tell ourselves.

Fact is - we move less and eat more than we did when we were younger.

People gnash their gums about a reduction/slowing down of their metabolism when they get older, and this does seem to be an observable trend, but this is due to reduced exercise and/or general movement rather than aging itself.
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I really thought it was a thread meant for people aged 40 and over who play gta -_-
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I don't know what GTA stands for (other than Grand Theft Auto).
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    I really thought it was a thread meant for people aged 40 and over who play gta -_-

Me too. Was going to fwd this to my coworker who is over 40 and plays GTA...
  • BamaQue496
    BamaQue496 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would like to introduce myself. I am Davis, living in the Mobile, AL area. I am working to get in a healthier state to be more active with my kids. Add me if you wish, I am trying to meet more people on this weight loss journey just like me.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Ditto StealthHealth's question - what does GTA stand for?
  • MalcolmX1983
    MalcolmX1983 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    becky10rp wrote: »

For under 40's, Grand Theft Auto.
  • ange720
    ange720 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    becky10rp wrote: »

Greater Toronto Area (Ontario, Canada)
  • sallywing313
    sallywing313 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    StealthHealth - ha, ha! Talk to me when you're 60, Love! <3
    I GOT active in my late 40s. I was never really "overweight" but I was out-of-shape and in pain. It was a challenge but I was determined. I am now 60 (eating cleaner & healthier than ever) and I find the challenge has morphed into a battle! Yes, I am fully armed and engaged - not giving up - but the years & the mileage do take their toll.
  • lolthesecond
    lolthesecond Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 40+.
    Just restarted my diet.
    Anyone can add me.
  • Kyla_163
    Kyla_163 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Under 40 (36) but in the GTA. Feel free to add me! (The grand theft auto comments are killing me! Lol)
  • Dags333
    Dags333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    G,day i am 43 and changed my life 16 months ago . My life got out of control with the eating and drinking. And i had to change .dont let anybody tell you cant have you dream body .today i am in the best shape of my life . It has to become a obsession .you have to treat it as your last shot in life .you will fall down . But you get back your *kitten* back up and keep driveing forward. For anybody starting out .start by walking .and start lifting weights.stick with it . Belive me time will pass. And you will look in the mirror and wont belive your eyes
  • brandysm76
    brandysm76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Toronto, 40, and long way to go in my fitness journey