Strength training

Options
Ok I need some advice. I walk/jog intervals 5 or 6 days a week for 45 minutes. I know I need to strength train but I really don't like it. Lol! Any suggestions? How to Squeeze some in daily? I like push ups though.

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I like to add "squat breaks" into my day. When I have a few minutes I try to do 20-30 squats or lunges. My office mates think it's funny but my butt looks good. ;)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a gym check out starting strength, strong curves, new rules of lifting. If you prefer body weight programs check out convict conditioning, you are your own gym or nerd fitness.
  • chattycathy42
    chattycathy42 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I like to add "squat breaks" into my day. When I have a few minutes I try to do 20-30 squats or lunges. My office mates think it's funny but my butt looks good. ;)
    StacyChrz wrote: »

• chattycathy42
    Options
    That sounds good! Thanks!
  • chattycathy42
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    If you have access to a gym check out starting strength, strong curves, new rules of lifting. If you prefer body weight programs check out convict conditioning, you are your own gym or nerd fitness.

I'll check out nerd fitness because I don't go to the gym. Thanks!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    check out 200 squats challenge.(zen labs) It's an app on your smartphone. $0.99
    I might just do it at work.
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Body weight exercises. Darebee.com is a great resource.
  • essterne
    essterne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just like chiptease said, if you hate traditional weight lifting, but want to strength train, go for body weight exercises. I was never interested in it before, but after building up a routine with squats, lunges, push ups, and lots of other types of moves, it's actually fun. If you try to focus on incorporating moves that use your whole body, you can even get a fair bit of cardio out of it and work up a sweat. You can even add in weights once you start toning up, like a kettlebell or free weights.
  • chattycathy42
    Options
    essterne wrote: »
    Just like chiptease said, if you hate traditional weight lifting, but want to strength train, go for body weight exercises. I was never interested in it before, but after building up a routine with squats, lunges, push ups, and lots of other types of moves, it's actually fun. If you try to focus on incorporating moves that use your whole body, you can even get a fair bit of cardio out of it and work up a sweat. You can even add in weights once you start toning up, like a kettlebell or free weights.

Yep I do that. If you don't mind what does you're routine look like and how long?