Going out for Dinner - Please HELP

jbenton091011
jbenton091011 Posts: 99
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm not sure if I'm in the right section here so forgive me if I'm not.

I'm out to dinner tonight. First time since I started my journey. Needless to say, I'm really nervous about eating something that's going to overload my calories. I have 713 calories remaining for dinner tonight.
We're going to Garfunkels. Please click link to see the menu http://www.garfunkels.co.uk/sites/default/files/menus/garfunkels_main_menu.pdf

Can anyone advise me on what is a good option here? I'd appreciate it all.

Thanks

Replies

• d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    I would get the Simply Grilled Chicken burger and go with the salad bar. Good luck. Enjoy your time.
  • mom12
    mom12 Posts: 39 Member
    :tongue: what about the smoked salmon, because the protien will be filling, and maybe the prawn cocktail? do you want calories for drinks or will you have water? I love to have a cocktail or two when I go out....
  • jessilea53
    jessilea53 Posts: 87 Member
    Oh boy! That place looks delish! Well this is what I thought would be good...

Like above, the Grilled Chicken Sandwich with the salad bar or the Cajan Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Wrap and salad bar. I would end up eating only half of the meal part, but thats just me. Helps my portion control issues when Im dining out.

Good luck and enjoy!
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    There is a Salmon and Broccoli cakes. That may be safe. As mentioned before, the grilled chicken. If you wanna feel like you are being naughty, you could even get an omelet and ask for only half the cheese. .

The point to this whole eating healthy thing is to learn to eat smart. This is supposed to make you feel empowered... not terrified. Learning what basic foods you can choose on a menu when eating out is part of a healthy eating lifestyle.

P.S. I want to have some of that afternoon tea!!
  • bella8282
    bella8282 Posts: 188 Member
    Im vegan so i would not eat there lol
    hard to judge ...but going through the menu i'd say the fish cakes...or the teruyaki glazed salmon or roast vegetable cous cous. they are all featured in "around the world" section.
    if the meal comes out large- only eat half.
    good luck
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    You can modify almost anything on the menu. Just ask the server to hold the Bread and butter, Potatoes ( ask for extra veggies instead), Sauces. Put dressing on the side.
  • THANKS for all the ideas. I've written them down and I've also added the grilled chicken burger and salad to my dinner diary. I come in just below my threshold!!!
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    You don't need help - you've already won! By looking at what you want (and how much of the portion you will eat) BEFORE you go you can enter it in your diary and make sure you don't go over calories without taking a bite. If you decide you need a couple of hundred extra calories to get what you want - a short run or whatever CV work you do will take care of it!

Make sure you add in whatever you will drink. Personally I find this the biggest impact as if I drink I feel less active the next day and I'm more likely to make bad choices on the night... Plan for moderation and stick with it :). A small (125ml) glass of wine is about 100 cal or a shot with diet soda will be about 70.

That said, the chicken escalope looks great. its will be aprox 120 Cal for the breast, 60 for the oil (1/2 a tablespoon) & 150 for the jacket potato (200g) = 330

Also, the 3 egg omelette will be good - 225 for the eggs, 60 for oil, 70 for ham, nothing for mushrooms = ~350. You might want to simply decline the potato @ 150 - depends if you want another course.

The rotisserie chicken could be good or bad - depends which cut, if you eat the skin & what you get with it. If you are sensible it should work out less than 400.

Starters: Smoked salmon, 100g is 156 cal, Antipasto Misto will be about the same (both without bread) - bread is about 100 per slice or 80 per dinner (small) roll. call it 250 total. The rest of the starters are pretty bad...

Deserts aren't listed. I suggest if you like deserts avoid the starter.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    1-) You start with mineral water ( still ) and a glass of delicious Vendange - Zinfandel 150ml = 90 Calories

2-) Tomato and Mozzarella Salad. I suggest skip the mozzarella. All the plate is (with mozzarella)= 175 Calories
    (no mozzarella) = 100 Calories

3-) Teriyaki Glazed Salmon which comes with basmati rice and all is about = 385 Calories
    Enjoy the dinner :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Sorry - forgot to mention the most important thing: HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!
This discussion has been closed.