Coolest Place You've Ever Visited...

Options
missprissjewels10
missprissjewels10 Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2016 in Chit-Chat
What's the coolest place that you've ever been to? Do you have and recommendations for others to add to their bucket list? What makes the place cool? Tell us why!

Replies

• deaddolly
    deaddolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hawaii. It's so beautiful. The smells, the colors. The people are very friendly. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

And Italy...for the history and the food!
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Olympos (Lycia) in Turkey. It's an ancient Roman seaport/city on the Mediterranean and it's amazing. It still has remnants of the coliseum, the public baths, the aqueducts, the main street, and many other buildings, complete with original tile mosaics. You can also hike up Mount Chimaera which if very freaking cool because the mountain is constantly on fire due to methane leaks.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    The Chuck E. Cheese on the Southern Boulevard in Montgomery, AL. There were games, a concert, and a gang fight all in the same day.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    We flew over the Grand Canyon on the way to Vegas. It was awesomely beautiful, I definitely want to spend more time at GC. Hell, I'd even splurge for the helicopter tour.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Germany was amazing. Especially the castle where my great-great-great whatever grandpa was a Baron and lived- Schloss Eisenbach. It was my favorite part of Germany. That and Hercules Castle. I remember my dad always showing me pictures of where he was born and raised and Hercules always stuck out to me, so it was awesome to go there and climb to the top of it, too :)
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Las Terrenas, Dominican republic. It's a beautiful very unadulterated fishing town on the northern coast of the island of Hispaniola. Very inexpensive, very affordable. You can get around everywhere on just scooters. The locals are very pleasant and the food is fresh and phenomenal! Miles of beaches to your self...Just wonderful!!
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Lake Tahoe California! I've been to St. Thomas, Mexico, Bahamas etc, but Lake Tahoe takes the cake. I was skiing in a tee shirt in April, the air was crisp, and clean, and the views were breathtaking. Absolutely, beautiful.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    The Chuck E. Cheese on the Southern Boulevard in Montgomery, AL. There were games, a concert, and a gang fight all in the same day.

http://gawker.com/5105136/why-chuck-e-cheese-has-more-brawls-than-a-biker-bar
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    The beaches of Normandy in France.
  • xnearlytherebx
    xnearlytherebx Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Santorini! It's such a gorgeous sunny island, with wonderful shops and restaurants. Don't even get me started on the beaches! <3
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    All good choices.
    I LOVE Venice, it's quaint and beautiful and so confusing with the canals
    Twice I've been to this beach north of Brisbane Australia where turtles nest and hatch at you go in the middle of the nice to see this happening. It's pretty amazing.
    Pompeii is really incredible to see.
    Mad King Ludwig's castle in Germany is quite spectacular.
    I've been to 2 concentration camps too and they are pretty sobering to see, also Pearly Harbour.
    The Hagia Sofia in Istanbul is a wonder to behold.
    Then there's Niagara Falls which will always be one of my most favourite places to go...so powerful and beatiful.

Ok that's lots of places but they are all cool for their own reasons
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    This is really difficult to say because I travel and have traveled quite a bit and every trip is such a great adventure and most can stand on their own as the "best" at that moment...whether it's hitting the jungles of Belize and Nicaragua with my buddy back in college or the shoestring budget backpacking adventure to Utila, Honduras with my then fairly new girlfriend who is now my wife to our honeymoon in Roatan, Honduras with 10 spectacular days of scuba diving or the random last minute trip to St. Maarten where we just sat on our *kitten* on the beach for a week...to spending two weeks road tripping through the UK from London to the Highlands of Scotland...you name it, all grand adventures.

Heading to Colombia South America at the end of May...should be another grand adventure.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This is really difficult to say because I travel and have traveled quite a bit and every trip is such a great adventure and most can stand on their own as the "best" at that moment...whether it's hitting the jungles of Belize and Nicaragua with my buddy back in college or the shoestring budget backpacking adventure to Utila, Honduras with my then fairly new girlfriend who is now my wife to our honeymoon in Roatan, Honduras with 10 spectacular days of scuba diving or the random last minute trip to St. Maarten where we just sat on our *kitten* on the beach for a week...to spending two weeks road tripping through the UK from London to the Highlands of Scotland...you name it, all grand adventures.

Heading to Colombia South America at the end of May...should be another grand adventure.

My husband and I renewed our wedding vows last year in Roatan, Honduras...beautiful!
  • dkewatson
    dkewatson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Iceland... oh we weren't being literal with our responses? English towns (Ely, Cambridge, Norwich, Bath) would be one of the coolest places I've been.
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Daegu, South Korea. Exotic, amazing and so different from the USA.
  • kledmons
    kledmons Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Walked the streets of Pompeii; the Highlands in Scotland; Mesa Verde, Colorado; the canals in Venice...
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    u1rev31st7wk.jpeg
    Little Corn island (Nicaragua) and a plantation near Sugar Beach, St. Lucia. The view from Ladera overlooking the Pitons is one of the coolest in itself.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Blue hole of Belize, 140 feet down
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Machu Picchu (and the ruins above it on Huayna Picchu), Chiang Mai and Phuket Thailand, Prague, and Edinburgh
  • Mikehluszti
    Mikehluszti Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Cabo San Lucas