Final Attempt

Options
Hi everyone...

I am here to try to finally lose weight-and keep it off. I am so tired of being fat, and being the ugly friend. I want to feel good about myself, and yes, I want to look good. I need help.

Replies

• DarleneBarber1
    DarleneBarber1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the choice and commitment to take action. Next, look at it as a positive, life long change, not a negative"diet". Look at staying active and incorporating movement into your life, instead of "exercising". Make it interesting. Try new things. I won't tell you to try a certain plan. I will honestly say Weight Watchers helped me get to goal and stay there. I did not, however, do their point plan, but use their Simply Filling method. I do like the fact that you can follow it online, or go to meetings for support. I use MFP because I do like to track calories and nutrition, and track fitness with a Fitbit, just to keep an eye on where I am at with all that. Anything you do to make yourself feel better, and, yes, look better, is an investment in yourself, and you are worth it! Here's to a successful effort!!!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    We try, we fail, we try, we fail, we try again. We're human. I say that to say Congrats on trying again. I also say that to say you're only a failure when you stop trying so don't say it's the final attempt, you're attempting again and hopefully it is for the last time. I wish you success!
  • GYATagain
    GYATagain Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on wanting and working toward a change in your life! Everyday is an opportunity to work toward that goal - it is a life long journey and one well worth it! The only day I will stop trying (some days failing miserably) and it will have been my final attempt is when they put me 6 feet under.....
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I saw your message yesterday and it inspired me to write to you, then I decided to turn it into my first blog post but you are the person I was writing this for. Please follow the link and read it. I hope this helps. Friend me if you wish. You CAN do this!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/1Nana2many/view/to-the-39-year-old-mother-wife-who-thinks-she-s-fat-ugly-lazy-and-her-children-are-ashamed-of-her-because-of-her-weight-824968#comments
  • chiptease
    chiptease Posts: 70 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Was the fat girl in high school. Don't consider this your "last attempt" it sounds discouraging. Being* healthy is a lifestyle. If I could encourage you in a sentence it's: don't be too* harsh on yourself and work on making small changes one* day at a time!
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me for additional support. You can read some of my profile and blogs to get my past story. Overall, I have struggled with weight since childhood. It has emotionally effected a lot of aspects in my life, and I am constantly battling those emotions. I want to physically be healthy as well as emotionally healthy.
  • Wepz
    Wepz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    1Nana2many wrote: »
    I saw your message yesterday and it inspired me to write to you, then I decided to turn it into my first blog post but you are the person I was writing this for. Please follow the link and read it. I hope this helps. Friend me if you wish. You CAN do this!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/1Nana2many/view/to-the-39-year-old-mother-wife-who-thinks-she-s-fat-ugly-lazy-and-her-children-are-ashamed-of-her-because-of-her-weight-824968#comments

@1Nana2many This was amazing and so nice of you to share with the OP and others. It's all about lifting people up and encouraging them and you have done that. It's never too late to lose weight and begin realizing the importance of exercise. In fact, it's more important now then ever. I am 50 and felt the same as you...why did it take me so long...but it is what it is and I am grateful for it now. Congratulations on your weight loss, keep up the good work!
  • betzd189
    betzd189 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Never give up!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I've only been here a little over a month, but find humor, encouragement and success stories in the posts. I hope you do too :smile: Add me to your friends if you wish!