Wanting to lose 30lbs by July 15th who's in?! I need motivators

Options
sunshinie94
sunshinie94 Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I am looking for people to do this with me and we can help each other stay motivated I want to try my hardest to lose 30lbs by July 15th.
Who's in ?!? Let's do this!!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    That's 50 pounds in 16 weeks, which comes out to losing just over three pounds per week. Unless you have hundreds and hundreds of pounds to lose, that is a much too aggressive goal. You should shoot for a loss of about 1% of your bodyweight per week, not the ridiculous numbers you see on The Biggest Loser.

If 50 pounds is the total amount you have to lose, set your weight loss goal for 1 to 1.5 pounds per week and enjoy not starving yourself.
  • sunshinie94
    Options
    Yea your right I should change it to about 30 that might be a little more realistic if I really push myself
  • kat_para_
    kat_para_ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Search and join the spring weight loss challenge; it's a nice motivator.
  • sunshinie94
    Options
    kparadon wrote: »
    Search and join the spring weight loss challenge; it's a nice motivator.
    Thanks I will :)
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I can be to goal by my high school reunion in September.
  • hcumplido
    hcumplido Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My goal is 50lbs by next April (2017). I will be taking couples portraits to celebrate my 10th anniversary. Very doable, so here's hoping! Best wishes to you!
  • BeaUtiful_1413
    BeaUtiful_1413 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 30 by the end of July
  • raishiwi
    raishiwi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like this because July 15th is my goal date, it's my birthday! I still have 40lbs to go though, but I'm in it with you so add me!!
  • janderson19_1
    janderson19_1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me, too!
  • Selena0
    Selena0 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Please add me looking for people to give me motivation would like to lose 30 pounds by the end of june
  • aprillwoodley626
    aprillwoodley626 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • mrsjaimez
    mrsjaimez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Add me plz! :smile:
  • my2girlz2322
    my2girlz2322 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in add me please!!
  • michellemurphy16906
    michellemurphy16906 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in add me!
  • brittbell21
    brittbell21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • disneygirl613
    disneygirl613 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose at least thirty also, please add me! The pool opens in two months!
  • ShrinkingSloth
    ShrinkingSloth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm fully intent on losing 80 by July 29.
  • avaandreeciesmama
    avaandreeciesmama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started my goal 45 days ago to lose 25-30 lbs and I'm already down 11 lbs! My goal is June 10. It is do-able, but some days are harder than others! Feel free to friend me if you want! I have vacation and 15 year reunion this year. Great motivators!
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My goal is a bit ahead of that - my magic date is July 2, when we go on vacation to visit my husband's family for a week. I'd like to be down another 30 pounds by then, although I'd settle for 20 pounds down from where I am today. That would put me down a total of 38 pounds for the year thus far, which would be awesome.

My next goal after that is mid-October, when I'll be visiting my own family for the first time since December 2015, when I was at my highest weight. My goal is to be down 50 pounds by the time I go to visit them. They don't know I'm trying to lose weight, so it'll be a nice surprise for them.

I'm about to step up my exercise regime - adding in some jogging instead of just walking, and hitting the gym to work on building muscle. Hopefully that additional calorie burn and muscle building will result in more efficient weight loss.
  • GiGiJam80
    GiGiJam80 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in ... 30 by July