Favorite Greek Yogurts

Options
Just tried the Dannon Oikos Triple Zero. It was ok. Just curious what everyone else chooses when picking up Greek yogurt.

Replies

• LuckyNumbers
    LuckyNumbers Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I tend to pick up plain Greek yogurt, because it's cheaper and easier to customize than the flavored ones (usually less sugar and more protein, too). Although, I have heard great things about the Dannon Light 'n Fit Greek.

I routinely buy Fage 0% and the Kirkland brand from Costco, but my absolute favorite is Voskos 0%. It is really creamy and delicious, but it is kind of hard to come by and rarely goes on sale. But if you can get your hands on some, give it a try.
  • obxsrfrgrl
    obxsrfrgrl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm actually noshing on a Greek Nonfat Yogurt with Raspberry. It's a generic brand, Harris Teeter's "house" brand. I'm really enjoying it. A lot of times it depends on the flavor of the yogurt and not just the type for me.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Greek Gods Yogurt is my favorite. I like substantive, creamy yogurts. The calories are high but worth it every now and again.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Fage!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying Yoplait Greek Whips Vanilla cupake flavor.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I eat Dannon light n fit greek for the calories, but also like the taste. Chobani light flips (100 cals) are my favorite. I always add some sort of nut to my yogurt though- I like the texture. I also love mixing peanut butter or pb2 with my vanilla greek yogurt, then adding chocolate chips.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have Chobani every morning, for breakfast. As a dessert item, I have Ellenos (it is from Seattle and one store in my city, carries it, too.) it is soon good.
  • SCMomma2boyz
    SCMomma2boyz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes, the Dannon fit & light Greek any flavor is my favorite. It's real creamy without that weird after taste.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I love Nostimo, but if Fage is on sale, I will "treat" myself. I stick with plain, to avoid extra sugar. I hate Oikos, not even sure you can call that stuff greek yogurt.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    The only greek yogurt i will eat is Fage.

I haven't found another that can beat it in flavor OR texture; even when i was in Greece!
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I tend to pick up plain Greek yogurt, because it's cheaper and easier to customize than the flavored ones (usually less sugar and more protein, too). Although, I have heard great things about the Dannon Light 'n Fit Greek.

I routinely buy Fage 0% and the Kirkland brand from Costco, but my absolute favorite is Voskos 0%. It is really creamy and delicious, but it is kind of hard to come by and rarely goes on sale. But if you can get your hands on some, give it a try.

I also usually get the big containers of Kirkland Signature from Costco. It is a good price and I can mix whatever I want in it. I usually add a little honey (from Costco of course!).
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% with half a cup of blueberries and 1/2 tsp of honey was my go to evening desert. I can't have it for a while because our pediatrician wants me to give up dairy (from cows milk) while I'm breastfeeding. I do miss that desert!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    MikeDee_ny wrote: »
    Just tried the Dannon Oikos Triple Zero. It was ok. Just curious what everyone else chooses when picking up Greek yogurt.

What flavor did you try? I really like the banana and the mixed berry. The coconut was pretty good, and the peach also. The strawberry, which is usually my favorite, was just ok. I have not tried plain or vanilla. The triple zero is the only yogurt I buy now because of the low sugar and the fiber.
  • brogan1384
    brogan1384 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oikos vanilla or plain Chobani. I like being able to make my own flavors.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    A lot of Greek yogurts have an unpleasant texture in my opinion. I can't quite describe it, I just know I don't like it. But recently, my husband accidentally brought home Tillamook Greek yogurt and that stuff was good! Expensive, but worth it.
    an1tzehj1oct.jpg

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Best kind is the one I make myself with my Instant Pot. Greek yogurt is stupid easy to make yourself. I honestly feel taken for buying it seeing how little work or hassle goes into creating it.
  • beccapotvin
    beccapotvin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like to buy oikos banana greek yogurt and sprinkle it with some baked oats for a yummy dessert- tastes like banana cream pie!
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oikos Triple Zero chocolate or vanilla, and Chobani raspberry and dark chocolate are my go-to's
  • rdstrickland7
    rdstrickland7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Yoplait Greek 100 calorie. Favorite flavors are black cherry, key lime, pineapple, lemon and strawberry cheesecake. I almost always add a couple of teaspoons of chia seeds to each and have for breakfast or dinner (if I've had large lunch). The chia seeds add crunch and a lot of protein which I need as a diabetic.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Mixim. Hard to find. It's a plain Greek yogurt with two tip in cups of stuff. My favorite has slivered almonds, coconut, and mango. The strawberry and granola is my second choice.

ETA: Libertine is also excellent. Especially the lemon.