Vegetable soup as vegetable?

Options
Random question (and I feel like an idiot asking it). If I eat a variety of vegetable soup (I'm thinking of the butternut squash I had for lunch...) does it count as a serving of vegetables? I'm wondering for nutrition more than calories..

Replies

• lizburnsyb
    Options
    Random question (and I feel like an idiot asking it). If I eat a variety of vegetable soup (I'm thinking of the butternut squash I had for lunch...) does it count as a serving of vegetables? I'm wondering for nutrition more than calories..
  • beanyspoon
    Options
    Did it have chunks of butternut squash in it? Was it home made?

If you're making one from home, weigh out the vegetables before you put them in your soup and then you will know if you're putting a serving in.

If it's not home made then maybe add some veggies in there to boost the vitamins.

I'm sure if it has chunks of veggies in, then if you ate enough then it would equate to a portion.
  • lizburnsyb
    Options
    No, it was Trader Joe's--liquidy. Although you've given me a good idea to try and make the same thing at home (how hard could it be?)

Thanks!
  • pete
    pete Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Not at all.
    Recently i started making soups at home. It is much easier than i had expected. the part that takes the most work is chopping the veggies up.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    vegetable soup counts as a vegetable:wink: