Vacation in 18 days! Help?

Options
Seajolly
Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
I'm going on a trip to the Caribbean in 18 days, so obviously I want to be looking my fittest by then in my bikini! I've been on MFP for a little over a month and have lost 11 pounds so far (currently 154 lbs) but would love to be 147 (or at least below 150) by July 11th, the day I leave.

Since I've found a diet and exercise plan that works, I'm going to keep going with that plan, but wanted to know if there were any other things I could add to my routine to help look my best in 18 days in my bikini? Any specific workouts I can do to especially tone my midsection, butt and thighs? I mostly walk and do some hand weights right now.

Thank you. :glasses:

Replies

• 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    bump :)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    keep working hard, and you can get there..best of luck..i dont have any particular advice, sorry..at least you are only a few lbs away from where you want to be
  • chaylajean
    chaylajean Posts: 26
    Options
    start going for runs! make cardio your best friend for the next 18 days
  • Seajolly
    Options
    start going for runs! make cardio your best friend for the next 18 days

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • KLTschaenn
    Options
    17 Day Diet!! Works WONDERS. I lost 6 lbs in the first 7 days alone!
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    do high intensity cardio for 45-60 minutes everyday (6 days a week) for the next 18 days :) and squats are your friend :)
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Add some more strength training in, too! Doesn't have to be with big weights or anything, but it will definitely help add tone/definition, which is always a plus for bathing suits!
  • amyhollar
    amyhollar Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    SQUATS AND LUNGES as many as you can do hahahaha!!!!! and jackknives are the hardest ab exercise for me and give great results, but you need a stability ball for those. Planks are good too!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Drop all the sodium that you can from your diet try cutting carbs where you can, drink lost of water, what kind of exercise are you doing right now?
  • skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

I bought the book and haven't touched it yet!! I'm glad to know it worked for you.....I'll start reading it tonight!!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Drop all the sodium that you can from your diet try cutting carbs where you can, drink lost of water, what kind of exercise are you doing right now?

Working out 6-7 days a week. I'd say 5-6 days a week I go for at least 2 mile walk, weights with 3-6 pound hand weights doing various arm exercises, squats with weights, lunges etc (probably do this 2-3 times a week), and then other exercises 1-3 times a week such as rock climbing, tennis, swimming, etc.
  • Seajolly
    Options

I bought the book and haven't touched it yet!! I'm glad to know it worked for you.....I'll start reading it tonight!!

Is there anywhere online I could find this diet? I'd like to avoid buying any books right now since I'm trying to save as much as I can for my trip. :ohwell:
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    BUMP! been looking for the 17 day diet... seen such good reviews, but i cant find a free version of it and am skint so cant afford to pay :(
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    does the library have it?
  • Seajolly
    Options
    does the library have it?

Why didn't I think of this?! YES my library does have it! Going to check it out tonight! :bigsmile:
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Augh I hate libraries sometimes... It was listed as available online. I go there (a 20 min drive away, I must add!), paid $1 for parking, walked in the rain, and then was told that it was actually checked out and the system just hadn't updated yet. :mad:
  • claeysm
    claeysm Posts: 85
    Options
    sadly my library doesnt have it :( im sure ther'll be a free online version somewhere, ill post it if i find it!