Anybody seen 'Supersize vs Superskinny'?

Options
I love that show! Anybody seen it?

Replies

• Alexa1471
    Alexa1471 Posts: 52
    Options
    yeah I've seen it! Can't believe how skinny some of them are though....
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It's a bit annoying that you just see them swap each other's equally unhealthy diet but shows nothing of the healthy eating and exercise plan they give them.
  • bigmamma3
    bigmamma3 Posts: 134
    Options
    Love that program but i also think they should show the healthy diet they give them. My other half always jokes its like me and him as I always have a tiny meal compared to his lol
  • chezkie
    chezkie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It's a bit annoying that you just see them swap each other's equally unhealthy diet but shows nothing of the healthy eating and exercise plan they give them.

Agreed, but I suppose it's to try to shock them as much as possible into changing their diets. Very frustrating to those of us who are trying to stick to a healthy diet for our health as well as our weight. I must admit, I feel really sorry for some of the skinny ones, as the amount they have to eat compared to what they're used to is phenomenal. My hubby is a slim jim, and it's not because he doesn't love his food, he really does, but his body tells him when he's full, and then he really can't eat any more as it just makes him feel ill.
  • vodkaswigger
    vodkaswigger Posts: 467
    Options
    I always wonder if theyve stuck to there diets ect and think an update show would be good to see how theyve all got on in say 6/12 months, i have to laugh sometimes when the skinny puts on 4 ib in 3 months and is over the moon, i could gain that in a few days haha xxx
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I must admit, I feel really sorry for some of the skinny ones, as the amount they have to eat compared to what they're used to is phenomenal.
    I actually feel more sorry for the overweight ones. The skinny ones nearly always get away with not eating the full supersize meals, but the overweight ones never get any more food! To go from 4000 calories a day to skipping one or two meals altogether before having a tiny junk meal must HURT!
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I always wonder if theyve stuck to there diets ect and think an update show would be good to see how theyve all got on in say 6/12 months, i have to laugh sometimes when the skinny puts on 4 ib in 3 months and is over the moon, i could gain that in a few days haha xxx

LOL! Same here!

Love the show - the series needs to be longer.... I liked the bit where they sent the supersizers to meet someone else their size - a real insight to possible problems to come. An update show would be great....it would be good to see if they've stuck to their new regimes for more than a few weeks.
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    The fact that they stick to each others unhealthy diet is why it works. It is when they see someone else eating badly that they realise how bad their diet actually is.

I would love an update show to see how they are all getting on.

What I find interesting is that the supersize always finds it easier to lose the weight than the superskinny to put it on.
  • weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    Options
    Its the stunned looks I love when they swap meals - Cake??? For breakfast!?!? Lol great show hope a new series is on soon.

But I would love to see the healthy plans they get given also, even if it wasn't on the show but on the channel 4 website.
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i WISH someone would put all the food i eat in a week into one of those tubes!!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I love that show! Wish they had more episodes in the series.

I do feel sorry for the overweight person because they can't just have a little more food, but the superskinny hardly ever finishes their whole plate so they still kind of have a little bit of control.

Anyone see "supersize vs superskinny KIDS" they ran 3 episodes I think on a tues-thurs in the week before the most recent normal series. They had their parents with them throughout and didn't do a straight meal swap all the time, sometimes they would give an example of a really healthy meal (aka breakfast) to show the parents mainly what is the sort of thing that's good for them while still maintaining great taste. The stuff looked so yummy!!
  • Chilliaddict
    Chilliaddict Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    haha me too i'd love to see my old diet in a tube. It would scare the life out of me ..
  • OElleBelleO
    OElleBelleO Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you've seen the kid version, it shows you the healthy diets. However, not the portions.