My Damn Husband

Options
So I am working on losing weight, not surprizing I am on this site. My husband is around the same amount overweight as I am. But he doesn't really want to "work" on weight loss. I make all our meals (my husband is an idiot who can't feed himself, won't even boil water and make pasta). Therefore the rallying cry, is "your starving the James, feed the James." Silly boy, if you want to have more food learn to cook.

BUT YET, he has lost 10lbs, without trying. Life isn't really fair sometimes is it?

59398507.png

Replies

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Who are these people giving "the rallying cry"??
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That's the difference between men and women's weight loss. I started my journey (again) in November, my husband in January... he has caught up to my 30 lbs lost and is still steadily going down, whereas I am slowing down. It happens. I think the best thing to do try to encourage them while maintaining your motivation. :)
  • happie_hippie
    happie_hippie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    #dead
    This cracked me up. I'm super sorry you have too deal with this, it's frustrating! But so true it made me laugh.
  • fochizzy87
    fochizzy87 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »

My apartment is ridiculous. My husband cries "feed the James" and our roommates (I live in NYC roommates man), pick up the cry. It is pretty funny actually, yet damn him.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    How quickly did he lose 10 pounds? Maybe he does need to eat more than you think.
  • vivmom2014
    Options
    I could not be married and live with roommates. I get that it's NYC - but surely, isn't there another way?
  • fochizzy87
    Options
    How quickly did he lose 10 pounds? Maybe he does need to eat more than you think.

It has been 42 days, so not crazy quick.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    fochizzy87 wrote: »

My apartment is ridiculous. My husband cries "feed the James" and our roommates (I live in NYC roommates man), pick up the cry. It is pretty funny actually, yet damn him.

That IS funny! Funny, but annoying to you, I'm sure. You'll no doubt get responses about how he needs to learn to feed himself and while I agree I'm certainly not going to bash you or harp on that point. I think your post was funny and you are just making a light-hearted point.
  • fochizzy87
    Options
    I could not be married and live with roommates. I get that it's NYC - but surely, isn't there another way?

We are saving up to buy a co-op, best way to save. Love my girls, but man they can be great back up for him.
  • fochizzy87
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

That IS funny! Funny, but annoying to you, I'm sure. You'll no doubt get responses about how he needs to learn to feed himself and while I agree I'm certainly not going to bash you or harp on that point. I think your post was funny and you are just making a light-hearted point.

*gold star*
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I find it really demeaning to call your husband an idiot on a public forum. Or at all...
  • karl317
    karl317 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The struggle is real. My wife eats whatever she wants (125lb after 3 kids, and at the age of 44, no less). But ME? Oh NOOOOO. I gain 15lb just by staring at an oreo.

Not that I'm bitter.
  • vivmom2014
    Options

We are saving up to buy a co-op, best way to save. Love my girls, but man they can be great back up for him.

Good for you. So: bide your time and let their comments roll right off. Do your thing, make your food. He's a big boy - if he's still hungry, maybe one of the "rallyers" can step up and make him an omelet. :D

• CatherineElizabeth13
    CatherineElizabeth13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My other half is the same. He cant cook (wont learn), wants to lose weight, but when I give him his meal he looks at me with a 'where is the rest?' face. He wants to lose weight without changing his junk food habits and to remain sat on the sofa. And the thing that annoys me is.. he lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks. I gained 1!
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I find it really demeaning to call your husband an idiot on a public forum. Or at all...

I don't find it cute.
  • taradouglasss
    taradouglasss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel you, my cousin eats what ever and loss 54 pounds. Continue to cook just make it healthy.
  • karl317
    karl317 Posts: 87 Member
    Options

I don't know, I've heard that there is a vast wealth of scientific evidence suggesting that men are, indeed, idiots.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I am trying really hard to get my fiance on board with eating better because I'm worried about his health. He eats a lot and not very healthy stuff. But he will only eat better if I do it for him. So because I won't make him sandwhichs for his lunch, he takes hot pockets. I told him he gets off work before I do. He has time. I get off later and have a longer drive home and rush to make dinner and it would be nice to get to relax after work like he does. So I think I'm about ready to give up trying to motivate him, it is just stressing me out. He makes me feel bad for just loving him and wanting him to be healthy and grow old with me. I don't like being the naggy wife.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    karl317 wrote: »

I don't know, I've heard that there is a vast wealth of scientific evidence suggesting that men are, indeed, idiots.

Touche
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    karl317 wrote: »

This made me almost spit my tea out.