Vitamins

Options
I know I need to take viamins but I don't know which vitamins to take. There are so many out there and it is over whelming. Any help would be great. Thank you,

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Start with the basic multivitamin. I take a prenatal, baby aspirin, krill oil, cinnamon, and a packet of Emergen-C on a daily basis.
  • jkm1783
    jkm1783 Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you for the help. Why do you take prenatal, krill oil and cinnamon? Is there a specific reason or did you doctor tell you about them?
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Women: One A Day Women's

Men: Target Up and Up Men's
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I am not pregnant, I ran out of my 'One a Day woman's' and I had a bottle of prenatal left from the last time I was pregnant, so just using them up. Krill oil and baby aspirin keeps the heart healthy, I take cinnamon pills for my PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome). Cinnamon helps your body process sugar better.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I take a multi vitamin, vitamin C, D, Calcium, and Chromium.
  • reborndomestic
    Options
    As i have said before. You should take a vitamin d any of them are fine most have the same purpose bones colan health among others . Grab the super b complex at walmart it promotes energy and higher metabolism and take a women multivitamin to get all other vitamins you need . If you want to take krill oil do it i cant it upsets my stomach . Now you know me personally and know i use to be over 500lbs now i am 321 lbs . Try my suggestions for a month if you dont like them try something different. i know you want to get healthy and thats why i am speaking so strongly of these suggestions .I want to see you reach your goals . Stick with the diet exercise and start your vitamins its important that you do all three diet ,exercise and supplements. You are my friend and i want to see a smile on your face as i have found my smile once again.

later
    Todd
  • kayfrog
    kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I take:

Multivitamin (for everything I don't get from the below)
    L-Carnitine (for heart health and weight loss)
    B Complex (for my anemia and feeling fatigued)
    Vitamin E (for my PCOD, it helps with cramps, for me, as well)
    Vitamin A & D (for metabolism and eye health)
    Acidophilus Pearls (for digestion cause I don't have a gallbladder)

Going to add a good fish oil soon.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    and how do you know you need to take vitamins?
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    If you are eating a well balanced diet, you shouldn't need to take vitamins.