Vegan Matar Paneer - ridiculously delicious

Options
Xiaolongbao
Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
I'm not a vegan but my husband is so I'm always keeping an eye out for interesting vegan recipes. I love paneer dishes and always order one when we're out at Indian but it's not an ingredient you can buy here so I've never tried cooking one. Well not until 2 days ago.

http://us8.campaign-archive1.com/?u=99741e6695cf0a1db12868e4c&id=3ca0aacf21&e=92bea46dc6

I don't like the taste of tofu but when cooked in that dish it really did seem exactly like paneer. It is delicious. I ate it yesterday freshly made and then again tonight (leftovers) and they were awesome too. I didn't exactly follow the recipe (basically I left out the ginger and a couple of spices I didn't have - I also added in a tonne of mushrooms because I think everything goes better with mushrooms).

No point to this. Just sharing in case anyone else wants to give this a try.

Replies

• MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Paneer is also my favorite at Indian restaurants. Shahi paneer in particular! You can make paneer at home. I don't think it is that hard. I made it once a long time ago but I also like tofu so I will be trying this recipe. Thank you for sharing it!
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    This recipe looks awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share it!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I love paneer, we make it at home by curdling milk and pressing it. I do like tofu, too, but ack, hate it as a sub for the paneer.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this, thanks!
  • Shalini0072016
    Shalini0072016 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I do all the paneer varieties. I love cooking & a avid lover of paneer. I am Indian. I make innovative dishes with paneer.

Paneer parata
    Paneer butter masala
    Palak paneer
    Paneer kofta( my way)
    Paneer cutlet.
    Paneer chilli fry
    Paneer French fries
    Shahi paneer
    and lots more....

Unfortunately, it is difficult to find all the spices in the foreign countries. You can find them in Indian Stores.

If you want. I can tell you how to make the spices at home.

Just ask me, anytime... :)
  • meredith1629
    meredith1629 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    You can find mutter paneer recipe under Indian Vegetarian Dishes @meredith1629
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    How much did they pay you to say this?
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks! I'm a veggie so Paneer isn't an issue for me but I'm always looking for new and tasty ways to use tofu so I'm going to give this recipe a go!
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    For whom is this question @eldamiano
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I made the dish with paneer...it was absolutely delicious. Thank you for the excellent recipe! Next time I'll try it with tofu :)