Medically Supervised. LOL.

Options
Working with a Dr.and it is a real change. Hard to find food that is low carb, sugar that is gluten free and safe to chew with braces. OMG. I'm laughing at myself as I text this. Just sad.

Replies

• Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Sounds as if you may be in a bit of a pickle, or been brought up short by events, may be. I'd have hoped you were given some kind of concept to follow because I'm not sure of your objectives from your post. Perhaps you weren't! . Avoiding processed foods will give you more control of your carbohydrate intake. Many manufactures sneak in sugar where you'd, I'd not expect to find it. Are you looking for high fibre too? Leafy greens tend to be lower carbohydrate, wheat and similar grains higher, oats can be a funny one because they contain soluble fibre which is extra good but probably the best thing you can do is use the food finder facility in your food diary and try to use the lesser valued ones. Make sure you keep your food categories in balance. As for coping with braces, my daughter (adult) avoided all added sugar while she had them and cleaned her teeth three or more times a day. She was in her best shape when she finished too. You will get where you want to be.
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Premier Protein shakes are my best friend. High in protein, gluten free, and low carb.
  • cahawkes
    cahawkes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you Fuzzipeg and faithsstaircase. This I my first month on the new way of eating. I see my Dr next week. The main thing I need is to find the foods I like to eat that works with the expectations. I spend a lot of time on Pinterest looking for ideas. Getting better, but change is hard for me. It's working! I just need to keep at it and tweaking it. Just keep swimming. LOL.