Garmin Connect and MFP syncing issues

Options

Replies

• no66no66
    no66no66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did the same a couple of times, reinstalled both apps....still the same issue.... :-(
  • smithangela443
    smithangela443 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same issue for me. Garmin cannot get calories from food logged in MFP and MFP is not getting steps logged by Garmin. Very frustrating that they aren't communicating they way they should.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I just did a synch and here is where I am at
    - Activities logged in MFP transferred to GC - Yes
    - Steps logged in GC transferred to MFP - Yes
    - Leader board activity shown as expected - Yes
    - Food logged in MFP transferred to GC (CICO Page) - No
    - Steps shown in GC transferred to MFP - Yes
    - Expected calorie adjustment occurs in MFP - Yes (I haven't done enough yet to override my entered activities in MFP)
  • Chiqui74
    Chiqui74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just checked and everything seems to be working. Is see my activity on MFP and now I see my calorie intake from MFP over on GC. Yay! It wasn't working earlier.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Good deal!My calorie intake shows up as well.
  • aubreytoe
    aubreytoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I was really struggling with mine yesterday but today seems to be working much better!
  • Chiqui74
    Chiqui74 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just did a synch and here is where I am at
    - Activities logged in MFP transferred to GC - Yes
    - Steps logged in GC transferred to MFP - Yes
    - Leader board activity shown as expected - Yes
    - Food logged in MFP transferred to GC (CICO Page) - No
    - Steps shown in GC transferred to MFP - Yes
    - Expected calorie adjustment occurs in MFP - Yes (I haven't done enough yet to override my entered activities in MFP)

How do you see your steps on MFP?
  • aragon160
    aragon160 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    All is working for me again too! Just checked and calories "consumed" in connect is showing up now.
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    YeaYeaPueblo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bummer! Am I the only one who is still having syncing problems?? Mine will not sync at all anymore. MFP won't sent calorie intake info over to GC, and GC won't sent over any exercise info to MFP. Why can't they play nice? I'm SO frustrated right now.
  • aragon160
    aragon160 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Did you try disconnecting and then reconnecting the apps? Also, try making sure MFP and Connect are at current revisions..
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    YeaYeaPueblo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    aragon160 wrote: »
    Did you try disconnecting and then reconnecting the apps? Also, try making sure MFP and Connect are at current revisions..
    Mine still isn't working. I'm so frustrated! I disconnected and reconnect multiple times, updated all apps, restarted my phone many times, tried a workaround on my desktop computer... Nothing is working. MPF won't connect to Garmin connect at all, and there is zero communication between the two.

Last sync was March 14, I have been unsuccessful in getting this issue fixed and support has not replied to my inquiry. Ugh! It's been a week of being off track because I'm bouncing back and forth between the two apps hoping my math is right.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Chiqui74 wrote: »

How do you see your steps on MFP?

It shows up in the apps. I don't think it shows up on the web version.
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues today for the first time... My garmin connect will tell me the calories I've eaten and burned from MFP, but on my MFP account it's like I'm not on garmin connect at all... It's like it isn't receiving any info.
  • kryapp
    kryapp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Mine has not worked since March 14th as well. Not sure what the problem is. Worked fine before that. No response from MFP support yet.
  • fbarnaba
    fbarnaba Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi to all
    MFP is not getting steps logged by Garmin. Very frustrating that they aren't communicating they way they should.
    Garmin Connect receives calories from MFP..
    This lost interaction doesnt work by many days
    MFP help us!!
  • iTvrtko
    iTvrtko Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hmm, my MFP and GC working well and syncing only when I manually refresh.
    Try disconnect in GC - MFP plugin and the same in reverse mode in MFP, and connect them all again. Try on desktop version of app as in mobile app.
  • Wdaytonco
    Wdaytonco Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The integration between Garmin Connect and MFP is still broken. MFP rarely if ever picks up my step count and pulls it from Garmin Connect into MFP. I wear a Garmin Vivo Smart HR. I recently turned the step counter back on - on my iphone and connected it to MFP to get at least some step calorie counting, since Garmin VR isn't synching properly. I'm guessing this is a case of MFP saying it's garmin and Garmin saying it's MFP.
  • parsleyfish
    parsleyfish Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    So I have just purchased a vivoactive HR to replace my fitbit, today I played 18 holes of golf (walking all 18), the steps are showing in MFP but I gained a whole 12 calories for exercise. If I look at my stats from last week when I played and walked the same course my calorie adjustment was just over 600 (using fitbit). I played golf yesterday too and at the end of the day I had roughly 60 extra calories. Any insights? My step count today so far is 13.5k
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    So I have just purchased a vivoactive HR to replace my fitbit, today I played 18 holes of golf (walking all 18), the steps are showing in MFP but I gained a whole 12 calories for exercise. If I look at my stats from last week when I played and walked the same course my calorie adjustment was just over 600 (using fitbit). I played golf yesterday too and at the end of the day I had roughly 60 extra calories. Any insights? My step count today so far is 13.5k

You are kinda comparing oranges to apples. Remove MFP from the equation and compare your Garmin Total Calories (not Active) to a corresponding Fitbit Calories burned. That's the starting point.
  • BobaFettLives
    BobaFettLives Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was having this problem (food intake not showing in Garmin Connect). I went into Garmin Connect and disconected, then set up a new connection to MFP. This worked for me. Not sure if it was the cause, but it started when I customised my goals in MFP from the default.