S.B.F. Challenge. . . Jan 14th

Options
Hi everyone. . .

Today is either a day off or bikram depending on what goes down at the Dr. It's all based on how beat-up I feel afterwards, either emotionally or physically. I'm on target with my weekly goals one way or the other.

(hooray).

No problem getting my waters in today, as I need to have a bladder-ful ultrasound. Bleeargh.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. . .

Today is either a day off or bikram depending on what goes down at the Dr. It's all based on how beat-up I feel afterwards, either emotionally or physically. I'm on target with my weekly goals one way or the other.

(hooray).

No problem getting my waters in today, as I need to have a bladder-ful ultrasound. Bleeargh.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • mandersen16
    Options
    I hope everything is ok!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Hope all goes well V :flowerforyou:

Went to gym yoga yesterday - again - dark class - why???? - it was a flow class!!! I disagreed with the sequence, but it was ok (ending the class with a full backbend - while optional, why would you end the class with an energizing pose?) I might go occasionally though.

Did a 12 min mile yesterday! I'm so proud. Still a walk/jog.

Today is weights, yoga, and maybe bike. It's still a little chilly this morning, so I might bike this afternoon.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your doctor's appointment, V. I am still battling a cold, so I ended up just collapsing on the couch last night once I finally got home, and didn't do my pushups. Maybe I will be able to do them tonight, but I have a feeling my body won't let me get through them. I'm definitely not going to aerobics, and I am hoping I can manage a walk after lunch. I drink tons of water when I'm sick, so no problems there for me, either. I'm trying to remember where I bought Emergen-C last time... I couldn't find it when I went to the grocery store the other day.

Stay warm, everybody! It's going to be really frigid in the northeast for the next few days (high tomorrow: 4 degrees).
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm alive!!!

I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off! I got most of my errands done...but still several to go.

Hope you girls are having a good day!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Checking in later than usual today. Alex had his horse therapy today and he did really well. He actually told them what color a ring was and he rarely talks to people on his own.
    I am watching the BL, trying to motivate me for a work out. I don't want to. I have been fighting something off too. I've had a sore throat for a couple of days.
    So today is push ups, sit ups, and something else. Taebo maybe? Drinking my water.
    Aw. The old man on BL is gonna make me cry. lol
    V, I hope your Dr. appointment went okay! Thinking about you!
    I hope you all have a good day CP get better soon! Get some rest! Don't worry about the push ups. I am proof that a person can take a break (and a long one at that) and not lose much progress. Get back to it when you can.
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Dr. update. . .

the cysts are "functional", which means they burst periodically, then re-form. So, definitely benign, but still a painful drag.

Also, the Dr. chose to go on a union-bashing rant while he was examining me. Not cool.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Aw V, I'm sorry about your doctor's rant while you were there, and the news that your cysts burst but come back. Is there anything they can do about that?
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    The Dr. mentioned an IUD. . .but I don't want to go there. . . I've got some medicine that's been helping the pain and other symptoms that doesn't seem to have any side effects, so I'm going to stay with that. The only other option would be removing the ovaries, and I'm not ready for such a permanent take on things. . .

I am really, really grateful that they're definitely a benign thing, though.

What is upsetting is I don't know what politics have to do with my lady parts. He went on the rant just knowing that I go to the University that I do. . .with no consideration that I might be caught in the middle of the situation. . .I'm just really stressed, so I have no tolerance for bash-y opinions. . .especially when I'm literally in a vulnerable position.:noway:
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    Hang in there "V"

I probably shouldn't assume your Dr. is a guy, but that's where I went first. Men... some of us suck sometimes.

As an aside, one thing to consider...A Second opinion. This seems very important to your future in multiple ways. If you have the option, please consider this.

I'll share in praying for your situation. Be at peace, and congratulations on your success so far on your ticker, and that this is a benign thing.

Cheers!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Definitely sending a "healthy" vibe to everyone, souds ike eee eeeed ipppp (that's what I sound like) :laugh:

Mary, walk/jogging a 12 min? Heck, somedays thats a good run for me! Kudos! :flowerforyou:
    V- stay strong. They run in my family, so I understand the frustration. My older sister has had a lot of problems, mom had one the size of a football that took two surgeons to remove! You are so strong to not squeeze the living daylights out of that dude with your strong legs!!!!:laugh: :drinker:

Not sure if I'll workout tonight. Maybe a quick 30 min. Haven't eaten all my cals last two days and just don't feel like it. But we'll see. You guys are so freakin motivating I hate you sometimes!

Melissa, video was tooooo cute :wink:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to give you hope! I had ovarian cysts for about a year. I could feel pressure for a few days and then they would bust leaving me on the floor wanting to die from the pain. I went through a surgery and afterwards they told me I would probably have to remove them if I didn't want them to keep coming back. At 19 and just married I decided I would bear the pain for a few years in hopes of having kids. I had a few more after than, but it's been a year and a half since the last one!!! I don't know the rhyme or reason (BC stayed the same the whole time) but some times they do stop on their own.