diabetics

nicspence
nicspence Posts: 5
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
Hi there my name is nichola and im an insulin dependant diabetic is there anyone else her that has this?im just stArting out thanks x
hope this is the right place cant delete last post sorry

Replies

• Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    I'm also one of the lucky ones too
  • nicspence
    oh the joy of being diabetic lol just hope this works good luck to you how are u doing?
  • Leanne1795
    Leanne1795 Posts: 186
    Yeah, that would be me. I'm type 1 and have been for more years than I like to remember. Lol.
    Nice to know there are some others around here though.:)
  • nicspence
    yes it is good to know there is more of us least we can help one another do you manage to stick to the 1200 calories a day?
  • Leanne1795
    Leanne1795 Posts: 186
    I'm doing Atkins so I'm usually under the calories but I do stay within carb limits and the diabetes just loves it.
    Add me if you wish.:)
  • I'm a 26 year diabetic veteran :o(
    Currently on a pump since April 2011 and have a hard time transitioning into a diet, because of trying to get insulin to carb ration right. I either turn pump down too much or not enough and it is a huge hassle and aggrivating. I give up dieting real easily. In fact started the South Beach Phase 1 Sunday and here it is Thursday and I have only truly had 1 1/2 proper days out of 5... not a good start! Good luck to you and all. It can be done, though not always as easy :o)
This discussion has been closed.