Do you workout in leggings?

Options
MsAmandaNJ
MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
I usually workout in shorts or yoga pants, but I'm thinking I might like leggings. I don't like when jeans are snug around my calves, but I wear lined leggings around the house...they are Comfy. Would I overheat? Would the thighs rub thin rendering them unwearable? Do they stay up? The pairs I have will not stay up for the life of me...the crotch always makes its way down my thigh, but they seem to fit otherwise. Is that just how leggings are?

Replies

• Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I started working out in long pants because I didn't like my legs. That didn't last long. I would get way overheated. Maybe it depends on the type of workout you do, but I'm most comfortable in very thin knee-length yoga style pants.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Yes. It depends on the quality, and fabric of the leggings. Stick to synthetic materials(nylon, polyester, Lycra) and stay away from cotton. Cotton isn't sweat wicking.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    I think I'd really like to see my legs in some tight pants :-) I have a pair of knee-length pants, but they don't stay up either.

Thanks for the heads up on material, I'll definitely pay attention when I shop.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I workout in shorts but I wear leggings to skate and if I go for a run in the cooler weather I wear leggings. Mine are all made for skating so they are long to tuck down over the back of your skate heel so I have no issues with them staying up. I'd suspect yours fall down because you are trying to pull the leg too low? I have long legs so I get tall usually and therefore don't have that issue
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Maybe they don't fit you right if they won't stay up. Maybe they're too big or too small even. I've never had a problem with properly-fitting leggings not staying in place no matter what material they are made from.

That's all I workout in....I love leggings!
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    When I put them on, I hike the crotch all the way up, then smoothe the rest down my leg. But maybe they're just the wrong size...seem to fit the legs fine, just too big in the waist. I guess the legs will always be good, eh?

I'm excited to hear all of legging positivity :-)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    When I put them on, I hike the crotch all the way up, then smoothe the rest down my leg. But maybe they're just the wrong size...seem to fit the legs fine, just too big in the waist. I guess the legs will always be good, eh?

I'm excited to hear all of legging positivity :-)

Silly...clearly you need a smaller size!!!!! Go t the store and try on a smaller size!
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I work out at home so I wear baggy men's sweat pants and a tshirt. Haha
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I wear compression capris and they are comfortable, stay where they are, no overheating, and no wear in the material from chub rub.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    Ya think? Hahahaha! They came in a package, so I couldn't try them on...went with XL to be safe. Looks like I found my mission for the weekend, get leggings that actually fit.

I love wearing men's clothing, there's just something special about it :-)

Compression capris? That's something I'll have to look into as well. Sweet!
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I wear compression capris as well. They tend to be thick enough to pass the squat test and also are very comfortable for running and high intensity cardio.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I find how well they stay up has more to do with the brand and material than the length. I like Nike for both capris and running tights because they stay in place well. I used to like Under Armour but more recently I haven't liked theirs as much as they don't stay up as well. Sometimes it's a size issue, but sometimes it's just the material.

It takes time to find the perfect pair but when you do it's worth it!
  • Smccabe8
    Smccabe8 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Athleta capris are <3 . I like the Revelation capris best, since they're mid calf length. And they hold up super well. Yoga pants always get caught on the machines (bikes especially) when I wear them.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I prefer shorts..but will wear compression capri-style pants. There is a brand I like but a bit pricey.
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    Nope... commando in gym shorts.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about leggings, as in fashion leggings? Because runners wear technical fabric leggings but we call them running tights LOL. I know, confusing.