Coolest Place You've Ever Visited...

Options
2»

Replies

• andymack84
    andymack84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I haven't traveled as many places as most of you on here, but for me I love Banff Alberta, Canada. Just incredible mountain views, wildlife and lots to do winter or summer.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Vienna and Salzburg Austria, giant's causeway northern Ireland
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    The burren and cliffs of Mohr Ireland
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,137 Member
    Options
    3vscs114c4ks.jpg

Pagan, Burma
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Vienna and Salzburg Austria, giant's causeway northern Ireland

Ooohhhh Vienna. I LOVE Vienna.
  • nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Many spots around the globe but I think the national park system in the US gets overlooked. Spent some time hiking in big bend national park in Texas and sleeping under the stars at the south rim overlooking the rio grande and Del Carmen mountains in Mexico. Some amazing sunsets and a place where there is white water rafting through The Santa Elena canyon. Then cross over and party with the locals in Boquis sp? There will always be a bit of country boy Texan in me from my time living there.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    The Tahitian islands. Especially the island of Moorea. Absolutely amazing....
  • MrWilson6
    MrWilson6 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just returned from Rio. I was amazed by the different lifestyles throughout the city, and the culture that surrounds it. It's hard to explain, but there was something beautiful towards those who live in poverty. The beaches are amazing, but of course you have to go and see "Christo" (the statue of Christ).
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I was in the Navy so I went to lots of places..... but the coolest was in the middle of the Pacific Ocean where the water every shade of blue that you can think of. Dolphins swimming at the front of the ship playing, and seeing a huge sea turtle from the flight deck.
    What made it so cool is because I was very close to where my Grandfather crossed the equator when he was in the Navy in 1940 I crossed in 2001.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    eomawx69t0wm.jpg

12,500 ft over Quincy, IL.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    New Zealand. Family vacation and took 10 days to drive from Auckland to Queenstown. This was before Lord of the Rings came out. It was amazing. Dad only drove on the wrong side of the road twice.
  • CardiganandFlannel
    CardiganandFlannel Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My freezer.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I haven't visited anywhere cool but I am from Colorado. So there are tons of beautiful places there. My favorite place was the Garden of the Gods. I lived right by it and went walking, biking, hiking, and driving through there almost daily.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Istanbul....nothing compares

I was there in the summer and it's AMAZING isn't it! Although scary with the amount of traffic but incredible with beautiful places.
  • jennaraemyers
    jennaraemyers Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Spain-the architecture is astounding, landscape is pretty gorgeous too.
    France-because France! The culture is so different and wonderful. Such a magnificent place.
    Hawaii- life seems to slow down a few paces