300 Pounds to Lose! Add me!

Hey everyone!

My name's Ricky and I'm currently about 538lbs.

I know it's a LOT!

I've been walking daily and am currently eating healthy through Nutrisystem.

And the support on here has been amazing so far! It really makes the weightloss journey more bearable when you have friends cheering you on!

I'm always on the lookout for more friends, one can never have too many! So you if you'd like to be friends, feel free to add me!

And if we're already friends.... THANK YOU! :p

Replies

• FlabULessFoodie
    FlabULessFoodie Posts: 47 Member
    I'm 364 I'd be glad to partner with you in this journey. I know its not exactly the demographic you stated in your post but hey I still have a lot to lose
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Hey man, I'm here to lose 100 at least. Let's do it together!
  • BigMikeP81
    BigMikeP81 Posts: 46 Member
    Right there with you bud. I got a lot to lose and more motivation than I can use so I'll be glad to share it.
  • BreederUK
    BreederUK Posts: 60 Member
    I'm currently 149kg (328 pounds) and my goal weight is 90kg (198 pounds)
  • Becsstrongmind
    Becsstrongmind Posts: 2 Member
    I'm more than happy to support people and get support from people who are in it for the long haul, I have half of my body weight to lose, about 30lb down so far, feel free to add me :)
  • sajones62
    sajones62 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm here too started at 456 we can do this
  • rabblescum
    rabblescum Posts: 78 Member
    On a hundred pound journey, and a rocky one at that. Could use some more support myself.
  • PeterBeckley
    PeterBeckley Posts: 2 Member
    All of you are awesome for even taking the first step! I started my journey in July '14 at around 280lbs. My goal wasn't even weight-based, I just wanted to run a 5k race. I was in a bad place, and needed the personal victory of training for something and crossing the finish line. I completed my first 5k race in March '15, and my second in April '15, I finished each in under 40 minutes.

I dropped 65lbs training for these events using the "couch potato to 5k" training method (I used the podcast version and listened on my ipod as I ran). I fell off the wagon a bit after completing those challenges, and just started back up earlier this month weighing 235lbs, with a goal to get to around 180lbs by the end of this year. I will accomplish this, and you will accomplish your goals.

I have a mantra that I repeated to myself whenever my training hurt, or when I felt like not doing it, or I was really tempted to just inhale a pizza: "Victory Feels Better".

Victory feels better than being pissed at yourself for skipping an exercise day. Victory feels better than the guilt of another slice of pizza. Victory feels better when you can look in the mirror and know that the person staring back is giving 100% to improve themselves.

All you mf's have got this!
  • TheBigDirection
    TheBigDirection Posts: 265 Member
    Hey everyone!

Man it's been a while since I posted this. Since then I've lost a total of 72 lbs so far.

Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Hey Ricky, I'm Ricky.

I started at 367, down to 320. We can do this!
    I'll add you
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • Jacob1020
    Jacob1020 Posts: 115 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey everyone!

My name's Ricky and I'm currently about 538lbs.

I know it's a LOT!

I've been walking daily and am currently eating healthy through Nutrisystem.

And the support on here has been amazing so far! It really makes the weightloss journey more bearable when you have friends cheering you on!

I'm always on the lookout for more friends, one can never have too many! So you if you'd like to be friends, feel free to add me!

And if we're already friends.... THANK YOU! :p

Yes Brotha!! Do It! Congrats on the 72lbs! You got this! B)
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/112934-over-300lb-daily-accountability-group
    You are very welcome to join this new accountability group for anyone starting over 300lb, there are some in group who are a lot over 300lb and I know at least one member of group is also on Nutrisystem and doing well. We would welcome you to join us in our daily accountability.