Best calorie/heart rate/ step tracker

I'm looking for a fitness tracker that has it (mostly) all with out leaving me broke..... Any suggestions.... Also do all step trackers count steps by hand/arm moving motion????

Replies

• revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    You're probably going to get a million different answers here but I have a Polar a300 and love it. My advice would be to figure out the features you really want and do some research, find a site where you can compare different models side by side.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    The "best" tracker for you depends upon what you want it to do, what your exercise is, your price range, etc. The "best" tracker is going to be a personal choice.

I like my FitBit One. It clips discretely to my bra. Because it's not on my wrist it does not count steps from arm movements. Because it's not on my wrist, I get steps when pushing a shopping cart.

There is no heart rate element with the One. HRMs are best for steady state cardio. My cardio is step based, so my FitBit One does pretty well. Nothing will do really well for Hiit, circuit training, strength training, yoga, etc.

My FitBit One tracks sleep, I can set it to wake me up. But it doesn't have an alarm that reminds me I've been sitting too long.

My FitBit syncs to MFP. I have my activity level set in MFP. When I'm lazy a negative calorie adjustment keeps me honest. I get positive adjustments too. This will be useful for maintenance as well.

Pros & Cons......you just have to figure out what's important to you. Here's the FitBit group.....there is more info there: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • _angee
    _angee Posts: 24 Member
    Some of the lower end polar models are quite affordable and they have chest heart rate monitors which is considered more accurate than the wrist HR. However, I don't think they sync with MFP unless you add on some device.
    If you don't want the step tracker to count hand movements, I would put it on the non-dominant hand.
    My boyfriend has had a FitBit but the battery life wasn't too great.
  • almancorona88
    almancorona88 Posts: 32 Member
    _angee wrote: »
    Some of the lower end polar models are quite affordable and they have chest heart rate monitors which is considered more accurate than the wrist HR. However, I don't think they sync with MFP unless you add on some device.
    If you don't want the step tracker to count hand movements, I would put it on the non-dominant hand.
    My boyfriend has had a FitBit but the battery life wasn't too great.

Thank you. I'm in between the fitbit blaze, polar m400, and garmin vivofit